Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-2001, 07:10 AM   #1
skywalker
Banned User

Lately, I've been watching too much CNN! But I did notice some entertaining commercials!
There is one for Animal Planet. Here's how it goes:

There is a guy who is making dinner which looks like a hotdog, he has 2 pets, a little dog and a goat (?!?) in the room with him.

He puts the hotdog on a slice of bread, sits down in front of the TV and takes a big bite of the sandwich.

He immediately starts to choke! The dog jumps up and stands alert on the bed (I think).

The man gets up out of his chair and continues choking.

The goat gets up and rushes in to butt the man right in the stomach!

The piece of hotdog flies out of his mouth, across the room, and little dog catches and eats it.

The caption reads something like "Life is better with animals!".

Classic commercial!

Mark

Old 10-26-2001, 07:28 AM   #2
Jorath Calar
Harper

A goat!?
Thats not classic, thats scary

------------------
Old 10-26-2001, 07:38 AM   #3
AzureWolf
20th Level Warrior

The most funny add I have seen in a long time is one that only finished recently. I cant remember whether it was an Aussie or a Kiwi add but anyway.

This guy couldnt watch the rugby finals when they were on so he taped it on video. And the next day before he sat down to watch it he wanted to get some fish and chips. But he didnt want anyone to tell him the score by accident, so whenever someone tried to talk to him he would go "Na na na I cant hear you!"
So he kept doing this to people until he got his chips and made his way home. Then he sat down, turned on the video and opened his chips. And voila, there sitting in front of him printed on the newspaper that his chips were wrapped in was the end score of the game he was about to watch. Talk about a bummer!

------------------

"I was born of darkness. My fathers eyes closed before mine opened. I am not of this world or the other, and I have the right to be what I am..."

Overlord of all that I behold and anything that i happen to not notice either.

Founding Hamlet of the HADB.
Old 10-26-2001, 07:44 AM   #4
skywalker
Banned User

Quote:
Originally posted by Jorath Calar:
A goat!?
Thats not classic, thats scary

Yeah! I don't know how they justify the notion of having a goat (could have been a Bighorn Sheep) as pet in your house!

Mark
Old 10-26-2001, 07:57 AM   #5
skywalker
Banned User

Anyone see the sort of sad, sort of cute one from some investment firm, where the Dad is trying to teach his VERY young and VERY cute daughter to play tennis?

He is firing tennis balls from a machine at her and she just stands there, balls flying all around her, and finally one hits the racket from her hand. I don't now how she did not cry, that racket went flying. Then he gives her back the racket saying, "Now don't be afraid to charge thee net!"

And the quote is something like "How will you provide for your financial future?"

I can't help thinking about the Williams sister and their Dad.

Mark
Old 10-26-2001, 08:00 AM   #6
Hiram Sedai
Emerald Dragon

My favorite commercial is one with a lady singing and then she joins a huge bunch of people singing:

"I'd like to teach
the world to sing
in perfect harmony
I'd like to buy
the world a Coke
and keep it company

Thats the song I sing..."

When we all visit DragonMage's lair, we can go to the Coca Cola museum.

------------------
"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
-Robert McCloskey

• Token lackwit of HADB
  • Sycophant to the Wolf of Azure Hue
  • Long lost brother of DragonMage
  • Bearer of a work of art created by Sazerac
  • Jeg burde blive gennembanket for min flatulens.[/list]
Old 10-26-2001, 08:00 AM   #7
Link
Jack Burton

There are some strange people in this world.. I haven't seen that commercial yet, Mark, but it sounds hilarious!!!

Anyway, I know a commercial like that.
You see a bear, catching some fish alongside the river, you know, hitting them outta the water. Then he finally gets one, and the fish lands on the shore. Suddenly a man walks up to the fish, grabs it, and wants to run away, but then the bear stops him, and they begin to fight. The man eventually kicks the bear between the legs, and as the bear falls to the ground, the man takes the fish and walks away. Then you see something like: "John West, the best fish there is"

I LMAO the first time I saw it

------------------

Guns don't kill people, people kill other people.
So, therefore:
Nobody moves! Give me your wallet! I'm holding a person right here!

Link
Overlord Executioner, Slayer of Fluffed Beings
Member of Clan HADB
Supreme Warrior of Myst
Official Entertainer in Cloudy's Cafe
Old 10-26-2001, 08:05 AM   #8
skywalker
Banned User

On the other hand I hate the new Dell comercials, with the that kid named Steven. He reminds me of Eddie Haskell from Leave It To Beaver.

Mark
Old 10-26-2001, 08:16 AM   #9
DragonMage
20th Level Warrior

Yes, Hiram, dear - we can all visit the wonderous Coca-Cola museum in Atlanta (if and when anyone actually wants to 'visit' Georgia )

That IS one of the places I have on my agenda to take Kaz to if she gets to stay with me on her exchange. I've been a few times and it's very interesting. Everyone MUST try the Argentinian cola.

And Skywalker, I agree 110% with you on the Dell commercials - the guy's obnoxious! Also the 7-UP taste test commercials...what are they THINKING? That's not promotion and it's not funny! It's gross! And it doesn't give me much confidence in the taste of the products.

------------------

Alureth...Dragon friend of Breanna, Mage and Advisor in the Court of Lady Lioness

Co-Owner/Operator of the Evil Petting Zoo and devout member of the HADB clan.
Commander of the Dragon Fleet, IW Peacekeeping Force
Sublime Sister of the Illuminati - may the Light shine forever!
Second Historian and Scribe of IW. Mother Hen of IW.
Mage extraordinair, Pin-Up Girl for the OLD-COOTS
Magey-Wagey: performer in the Nekked Dancing Trio of the ORT.

Hopeless Romantic *sigh*
Old 10-26-2001, 08:27 AM   #10
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Quote:
Originally posted by DragonMage:
Yes, Hiram, dear - we can all visit the wonderous Coca-Cola museum in Atlanta (if and when anyone actually wants to 'visit' Georgia )

That IS one of the places I have on my agenda to take Kaz to if she gets to stay with me on her exchange. I've been a few times and it's very interesting. Everyone MUST try the Argentinian cola.

And Skywalker, I agree 110% with you on the Dell commercials - the guy's obnoxious! Also the 7-UP taste test commercials...what are they THINKING? That's not promotion and it's not funny! It's gross! And it doesn't give me much confidence in the taste of the products.

Kaz is going on an exchange trip to the U.S.? How lucky can you get? Why don't I get to go there?