Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-20-2001, 10:53 PM   #1
STANIS

I just got Balder's gate II yesterday. I've been trying to figure out how to import my character from BG I, but I've had no success what-so-ever. Can anyone give me a hand? I'd really appreciate it. Thanks !!!!

Old 03-20-2001, 10:56 PM   #2
Aurican
Elminster

I think you just copy your exported character to your character directory in BGII, then it will be available to you in the game.

------------------
Can an elf get a break anywhere these days?
Old 03-20-2001, 10:56 PM   #3
Entreri
Manshoon

Create new character - there will be a button that can be read IMPORT, click on it, after you have the choice of saved game or imported character. It should be Imported Character if you did not moved your bg folder.

------------------

Maybe it's because I hate drows more than I hate Humans - Jarlaxle to Entreri
Old 03-20-2001, 10:59 PM   #4
Aurican
Elminster

Oh, wait, you want to export your BGI character? Just go to your character screen and hit export, I think you can only export your main character. Then do what I said above.

------------------
Can an elf get a break anywhere these days?
Old 03-20-2001, 11:04 PM   #5
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

For importing BG1 characters, you will need to manually copy and paste the character file (*.chr) from "character" folder of BG1 directory to BG2's "character" directory.

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Old 03-20-2001, 11:07 PM   #6
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by STANIS:
I just got Balder's gate II yesterday. I've been trying to figure out how to import my character from BG I, but I've had no success what-so-ever. Can anyone give me a hand? I'd really appreciate it. Thanks !!!!
if it is emergency, call 911.

if it is about BGII, DO NOT expect customer service from Bioware.

to import your character from BGI, you must... DO YOU EVEN HAVE BG I???? oh yeah, you do not know what it is. guess what? I am sick of people like you. the lady next to me tried to work on her computer for an hour and eventually gave up, then she asked me why her computer is not working, and I helped her to turn on her monitor... YOU KNOW WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT??? i remember someone famous said:" today's technology is the race between scientists who are trying to make better and more idiot-proof system and universe trying to make dumber and bigger idiots, so far the universe wins." and YES, THAT IS YOU!! ok calm down... ... five seconds silence YOU DO NOT EVEN HAVE BG I PROPERLY INSTALLED SO HOW CAN YOU HAVE SUCCEEDED HUH????

so first, go to you C drive (you know what C drive is right? and no, it has nothing to do with cars. also, this is assumed you installed you BGI on C) double click (if you dont know what double click is, I will hunt you down and cut your ... and have you eat it), anyway, double click C, and find the folder where you BGII is installed. check (PUT YOUR MARK AWAY!) the same folder if BGI is there. remember, BGI and BGII must be in the same folder to work. example:

C:\program files\games\BGI
C:\program files\games\BGII - soa

if that is the case, then it should work fine

WHAT??? you still don't know??? OMG! ok, call this number: 1-800-ASSASIN-4-HIRE and tell the guy to kill you. (dont try this yourself at home!!)

NEVERMIND, i am telling you I am sick of people like you. try this:
go to your BGI folder and find where your pathetic characters are saved. copy them (NO NO NO, get your hands off your printer) I meant, move your mouse over the character files, select them all, and right click and choose copy. then go to the corresponding BGII character folder, and paste them there...

sigh, what a relief. NOW GET OFF MY FACE!!

[This message has been edited by 250 (edited 03-20-2001).]
Old 03-20-2001, 11:08 PM   #7
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

Heeheehee........

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Old 03-20-2001, 11:21 PM   #8
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by Accord:
Heeheehee........