Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-20-2001, 03:38 PM   #1
mad0die
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Possible spoiler....

I just kicked Jaheira out of my party for the 2nd time. I had progressed thru her quests just past the point of the first appearance by Dermin. Upon being booted, she was a little upset and mentioned that she had nowhere to go b/c she had turned her back on the Harpers for me. She also said it was unlikely we'd meet again (or something real close to that).

Is she truly gone? I have had a change of heart (mostly b/c Haer Dalis can't hold his own in combat) and would like to kiss and make up with her.

Thanks.
Old 03-20-2001, 03:44 PM   #2
Blaed
Elite Waterdeep Guard

She's gone for ever I'm sorry to say, but take heart in the fact that JAHIERA SUCKS... you aren't missing anything by losing her.
Old 03-20-2001, 03:45 PM   #3
Moridin
Fzoul Chembryl

First of all Welcome mad0die!

Forget about Jaheira....go find Viconia! She is IMHO a much better character than Jaheira. Unless you are playing an all 'good' party, then this may be a problem

------------------

It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear ignorant,
than open it and remove all doubt!
Old 03-20-2001, 03:46 PM   #4
Marillion
The Magister

I'm sorry to report that you shall have to stick with kissing Aerie
There is noway go get Jaheira back after the Harper busiess is done..
Sorry..

------------------
Old 03-20-2001, 03:51 PM   #5
The Xlord
Dungeon Master

I'm sorry to say it, but I think that she is gone. You should not have done that.
The last parts of the game coulden't I have managet without Jaheira.
And Jaheira don't sucks, she is one of my best fighters(Druid level 17, Fighter level 18) I have, exept Minsc and my main charcter.
So to bad!!!

------------------
Defender and master of Good archmagic
:mage1:
Old 03-20-2001, 03:59 PM   #6
MILAMBER
Lord Soth

Welcome to the board!

I liked Jaheira a lot. Is there any way you can reload? As the xlord said, she is a good player. One word...Elementals

------------------
Tremble and despair, for I am power! All here are now judged, and are found wanting.
Old 03-20-2001, 04:17 PM   #7
mad0die
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks for the responses. Unfortunately, I was not wise with my saves and now can not go back to before the boot-out. Oh well, guess I'll give Cernd a try.

Anyone have good experience with Cernd? I need some mage disabler spells as well as a hand-to-hand guy who can hold his own. I've heard he is decent as a werewolf, but have never used him myself. I'm a little worried about his THACO and his AC...
Old 03-20-2001, 04:27 PM   #8
Charlie
Lord Ao

You're right to worry. He's a class A tosser in my opinion. Personally we left him in Waukeens promenade and I take great delight in sticking a couple of arrows into him every time I return there. Shoot him, talk to him, shoot him more......great fun

I don't know if Shadow keeper is an option open to you although you may be just as well to look on it as if it were a real life adventure and you just messed up with her. I had Jaheira and I thought she was pretty good, but there are others out there to take her place.

Oh, welcome aboard btw.

------------------
One love, peace.
Old 03-20-2001, 04:33 PM   #9
slackerboyfx
Dungeon Master

cernd really sux!
what a wuss

------------------
Old 03-20-2001, 05:51 PM   #10
Fljotsdale
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

IMHO, Jaheira has the best (most realistic) personality of 'em all. A bit humourless, certainly, but I know people like her!
First impressions of characters can be misleading, too. Jaheira's talents are not showy, but she is is the most all-round useful character you could find. Also, consider Aerie - seems like a wuss, but in fact a gutsy little thing, besides being a useful wizard AND cleric - and you can't have too many clerics!
F.