Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-06-2001, 08:24 PM   #1
Moridin
Fzoul Chembryl

I know this has been asked, but when I try to do a search it keeps giving me a "file not found, unable to open page" what the h**l?
Anyway, how the f**k do you kill the mind flayers in the sewer? I have tried everything I can think of: Potions of genius, mind focusing, invulnerability; magic resistance; strength potions; summoning every animal,monster,berserker that I can! Nothing seems to work They just confuse or dominate my summoned creatures which then turn on me and I end up fighting them while the mind flayers continue to dominate, stun, and confuse my party.
**********HELP************
Old 02-06-2001, 08:38 PM   #2
bazz1234

Also, i Would really like to know what key it is you need to get iin there????

thanks

Old 02-06-2001, 08:48 PM   #3
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

SPOILER

The key you find in the Umar Hills. As for beating them ....I used a couple different strategies. For the first few door you can open the door and nobody is in the immediate vicinity. I had Nalia throw a cloudkill and run back to the rest of us (safely in the last room). It kills the umber hulks right off and damages the rest. They throw the usaul control spells but it she made her saving throws. They also follow. Then you beat the crap out of them. The last room this strategy didnt work though. I knid of just ad-libed there, cant remember what I did. I do love that cloudkill though
Old 02-06-2001, 09:54 PM   #4
Moridin
Fzoul Chembryl

LoA--Did the cloudkill thing in the first room and I agree it kicks! However, it kind of fizzles in the other room as the mind flayers seem to be imune. Oh well I will take your other advice and just wing it

And not to be a smart ass but I think the key is in the Windspear Hills
Old 02-06-2001, 10:03 PM   #5
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

Actually the key to the hidden mind flayer dungeon is located at.....

SPOILER:
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
Windspear Hills, your friend Tazok from BGI has it. As for mind flayers, use wand of cloudkill, you can also summon bunch (and batches) of skeleton warriors to distract them, skeletons are immune to mind flayer's "special" attacks.
Old 02-06-2001, 10:07 PM   #6
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

Another key to beat mind flayers is to make sure your party members don't get charmed or dominated......cast the cleric spell like chaotic commands on them before engaging. Other useful spells such as dispell magic (I think this is the one, there is another similar mage spell call remove magic....) to dispell the "not-so-good" magical enchantments casted on your characters. Take out the mind flayers first, if you have enough armor class the umber hulks won't give you too much trouble. Never rush in at once, always send in a scouting party when entering a new room in the mind flayer dungeon.