Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-04-2001, 01:09 PM   #11
Dwarf

Oh and BTW Wyvern, Chinese Dragons are friendly creatures that control the rain and Norse Dragons don't have wings, more of a Lambton Worm affair (a good story, look it up).Therefore whereas a traditional central European Dragon could probably outfly a Wyvern and burn it without coming in range of the deadly stinger(if you decide that Wyverns wings are too small or weak to fly,or that due to the lack of forelimbs they are either better or worse at flying).A Norse Dragon (the one in Beowolf is European) does not fly or breath fire,it rather belches forth venomous breath (bad breathLOL)that is so thick as to obscure vision and poison those that breathed it, and it's blood is acidic or grants immunity to weapons to any parts of the body bathed in it or both (now there's a nasty thought, an acid bath).Norse Dragons were only slain by trickery (The Ring Cycle,the hero digs a pit and stabs the beast in the belly as it passes overhead,in a little known Norse myth an old warrior shelters a young coward behind his shield from the creatures foul breath until the youth sees an opening and stabs it beneath the arm with a spear whilst it is distracted by the older warrior (hmm, just where Smaug's weak point was too, if I plan to kill Erathsmedor I'll have to remember that)).A Norse dragon would probably use it's innate cunning to snare a wyvern within it's coils, rather like a boa constrictor, and then crush it.Against other Dragons I reckon the Wyvern might stand a chance.