Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-09-2002, 03:38 PM   #1
uss
20th Level Warrior

ive got two questions:
1. what`s the name of the song in the Chupa Chups commercial called Hitchhiker? it sounded kinda cool [img]smile.gif[/img] ..
2. Anybody seen Dune TV series? they`re very good! i strongly recommend em to anyone who likes Dune stuff [img]smile.gif[/img]
3. Has anybody heard of an estonian goalkeeper called Mart Poom going to ManU? that news is spreading all over Estonia. i`d just like to know if it`s true [img]smile.gif[/img] .

EDIT: oh, wait a minute. thats three questions! darn it, counting is so hard [img]smile.gif[/img] !

[ 05-09-2002, 03:40 PM: Message edited by: uss ]
Old 05-09-2002, 03:44 PM   #2
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Quote:
Originally posted by uss:

2. Anybody seen Dune TV series? they`re very good! i strongly recommend em to anyone who likes Dune stuff [img]smile.gif[/img]
I've seen both of the attempts at translating Dune to film. Both are reasonable, but they get nowhere near the book. If you've read the book, don't bother. But if you haven't they should be considered. Read the book afterwards, though, or you'll be missing out on a lot.
Old 05-09-2002, 03:53 PM   #3
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

they were both close but no cigar to the book, I agree [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Thought the Frank Herbert (sp.?) TV series was kinda' fun, the movie was so... blah... [img]tongue.gif[/img] but then again, it was made in like, the 70s... lol....

Dune-A-Riffic!
Old 05-09-2002, 03:54 PM   #4
uss
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Neb:
quote:

I've seen both of the attempts at translating Dune to film. Both are reasonable, but they get nowhere near the book. If you've read the book, don't bother. But if you haven't they should be considered. Read the book afterwards, though, or you'll be missing out on a lot.[/QUOTE]oh, Neb, i wasn`t referring to the movies. i meant the three-part movie/show(dont know which one ) thingy. all parts are about 2 hours long. the visual stuff was excellent(especially the sandworms [img]smile.gif[/img] )!
Old 05-09-2002, 04:02 PM   #5
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Neb:
quote:

I've seen both of the attempts at translating Dune to film. Both are reasonable, but they get nowhere near the book. If you've read the book, don't bother. But if you haven't they should be considered. Read the book afterwards, though, or you'll be missing out on a lot.[/QUOTE]oh, Neb, i wasn`t referring to the movies. i meant the three-part movie/show(dont know which one ) thingy. all parts are about 2 hours long. the visual stuff was excellent(especially the sandworms [img]smile.gif[/img] )![/QUOTE]Three parts? Oh. I saw a two-part miniseries once and thought that you were referring to that one That one had more stuff from the book than the original movie. I like the worms in both the movie and the two-part series better than the ones used as cover art on the book, though.
Old 05-09-2002, 05:30 PM   #6
Epona
Zartan

Quote:
oh, Neb, i wasn`t referring to the movies. i meant the three-part movie/show(dont know which one ) thingy. all parts are about 2 hours long. the visual stuff was excellent(especially the sandworms [img]smile.gif[/img] )!
Made quite recently? Yeah, I saw that. Thought it was fairly similar to the movie though. And I'm afraid I always see Paul Atreides as Kyle MacLachlan thanks to the movie...

[ 05-09-2002, 05:31 PM: Message edited by: Epona ]