Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-07-2002, 06:03 PM   #1
Ezekial
The Magister

Just wondering..if you buy your graphics cards...ATI, NVida, Matrox or others? (Why if you want aswell!)

Personally, I'm an ATI man, the drivers are never good to start with, but I like the cards and features. And I've never had one go wrong yet either
Old 02-07-2002, 06:17 PM   #2
andrewas
Harper

Creative or Hercules, although I prefer Creative. The drivers are good, the sites are well designed, the hardware is the best.
Old 02-07-2002, 06:42 PM   #3
slackerboy
Gold Dragon

I prefer Asus , but i wouldn't buy anything without an Nvidia chipset.
Old 02-07-2002, 06:49 PM   #4
Blade
Emerald Dragon

IF you wan't a decient card for a good price then go for a Hercules, but if you wan't a higher end graphics for more $$$ then go for the Nvida, plus Nvida cards come with lots of good drivers like direct x8, OpenGL, and more.
Old 02-07-2002, 10:27 PM   #5
MILAMBER
Lord Soth

quote:
Originally posted by Blade:
IF you wan't a decient card for a good price then go for a Hercules, but if you wan't a higher end graphics for more $$$ then go for the Nvida, plus Nvida cards come with lots of good drivers like direct x8, OpenGL, and more.

Dude, the hercules cards ARE Nvidia cards. So are the Creative cards.

BTW Andrewas, creative is only sold in Europe now and their software is horrible. They are notorious for having bad code. Creative playcenter 2 anyone? How about their disk monitor, or their Creative taskbar. If you install anything other then the basic drivers, they will take over your computer. The good thing about going with a Creative geforce is that you wouldn't have to use Creative's software. You could just download the latest Nvidia detonators and you'd be fine.

Elsa used to make a good graphics card but now they are only commercial. Slackerboy is right, Asus makes a great card, Abit makes a good card, but my personal favorite is Visiontek. All of the aforementioned manufacturers use the Nvidia geforce chipset.
\"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.\"<br />-General George Patton (1885-1945)<br /> <br />Member of CLAN HADB<br />Founder of The Anti Clan Coalition
Old 02-08-2002, 11:31 AM   #6
Epona
Zartan

quote:
Originally posted by MILAMBER:

Elsa used to make a good graphics card but now they are only commercial. Slackerboy is right, Asus makes a great card, Abit makes a good card, but my personal favorite is Visiontek. All of the aforementioned manufacturers use the Nvidia geforce chipset.

No, tell me it's not true!!!!
I have an Elsa Gladiac 920 (NVidia Geforce 3 chipset) which I bought just a couple of months ago. I would really recommend it - really great card, easy to install and configure (more than I can say for the rest of my kit). Cost me an arm and a leg though, £350 (about $500).
Old 02-08-2002, 03:02 PM   #7
Lavindathar
Harper

I aint a graphics card no-it-all, but I believe that my graphics card is quite good!

I have an Nvida64mb....is it any good?
Old 02-08-2002, 03:08 PM   #8
AngelofDeath
Drizzt Do'Urden

Any opinions on Voodoo? I have a Voodoo 4000.

You Can Not Hide
Old 02-08-2002, 10:37 PM   #9
Scholarcs
Red Dragon

I like Nvidia the best. Top quality cards.
<br />\"A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five\" - Groucho Marx<br />Member of the ORT Clan. <br />\"Some birds are not meant to be caged because their feathers are too bright\"<br />Ma bouche sera la bouche des malheurs qui n\'ont point de bouche, ma voix, la liberté de celles qui s\'affaissent au cachot du désespoir. - Aimé Césaire<br />La plus perdue de toutes les journées est celle où l\'on n\'a pas ri. - Sébastien Roch Nicolas
Old 02-09-2002, 01:10 AM   #10
slackerboy
Gold Dragon

quote:
Originally posted by AngelofDeath:
Any opinions on Voodoo? I have a Voodoo 4000.

voodoo made good cards in their day, i loved my voodoo3 3000
but nvidia went by them so fast, they just made voodoo look bad.
then nVidia bought voodoo, so now there is no voodoo.