Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-10-2001, 12:15 PM   #11
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

Cheese is there to make ppl feel sick. And the worst thing is most ppl around here like it and drag me along to get cheesed-out until I can't take it anymore.

How did I end up at home after cheap drinks and gorgeous women? Good question.......many reasons......All the gorgeous women had boyfriends, althought they still presented eye candy .....all the women that were near us were "no thank you"s . There were some nice ones who danced with us but they turned out to be smokers and as a non-smoker I don;t like a smoker's tongue down my throat
Besides, I have my eye on someone at university....couldn't jeopardise my chances by letting rumours fly....it was bad enough last week Anyway I went FOR THE MUSIC! *ahem* :]

Memnoch....you know what? I understand completely where you're coming from....last week I went on Friday and Saturday but not Sunday as well LOL. ANd yes I do get bored of it....I've been clubbing since I was 16 (hehe being tall has its advantages cos they think you're older)...hehe yesterday I got away with being 25 cos that was the age limit in one club (there are 2 joined together there so you can go in both if you're 25 or only in one if you're 19-25). So yeah I tend to got through cycles.....and I got bored if it around age 18 then didn't go for MONTHS. Then started going again and yesterday I went to this place for the first time in ages and they had refurbished etc and played better music than before that's why it was so cool. I guess I'll go for a few more weeks then lay off in the exam period.

Oh and Memnoch, also about getting home at 3am......this is England...what do you expect? Most clubs shut at 2, 3am if you're lucky except for maybe in London (which is not where I'm at ). Now in the summer when I was in Budapest......yeah didn't go till 1am and stayed till 5/6am. Was pretty knackered after that though....you can't keep that up for ever.....only a few nights in a row.

Although there was a music festival on this year.......the best thing to do was go down at 11pm stay till 8am go home, sleep then go back...lasted for a week hehe.

[ 11-10-2001: Message edited by: Vaskez ]

Love conquers all? Damn, I'd say that area's gray
Old 11-10-2001, 01:10 PM   #12
Sorcerer Alex

I will admit to shaking my pelvis every once in a while. Not that I live for parties or anything, but I do enjoy a drink and a dance. The dance, as always, coming after the drink

Old 11-10-2001, 01:23 PM   #13
Sir ReGiN
Gold Dragon

quote:
Originally posted by Memnoch:
[QB]Watch Human Traffic and you will know EXACTLY what I'm talking about.

I guess "human traffic" describes lots of people's situation...although it was a pretty crappy movie
Old 11-10-2001, 05:10 PM   #14
Legolas
Jack Burton

I don't club at all.
I don't drink alcohol and I think the music is way too loud (in fact, I hardly listen to music at all), so there's not much for me to do there.
Even though I've tried, I just can't seem to be enjoying myself and time goes by much too slow.

And to think I'm only 10001
Just wait 'til I turn 1101100...

Say NO to the Trouser Tyranny!
Old 11-10-2001, 06:33 PM   #15
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

You're 17 and you don't like clubbing?! Blasphemy! j/k It's not for everyone......you have to enjoy listening to music and enjoy moving around and of course you must not be shy to dance in front of loads of people. Personally I think it is too loud in some places as well......but the heavy base just fills me with energy and I feel like movin around.......you learn not to care if ppl think your dancing is shit cos most probably so is theirs....and the worst that could happen is someone you don't know and will never see again has a chuckle at you.....now if you are trying to impress a girl and dance badly ....that could be worse

When you turn 108?! Well I doubt anyone goes clubbing at that age
Old 11-10-2001, 07:05 PM   #16
Legolas
Jack Burton

quote:
Originally posted by Vaskez:
You're 17 and you don't like clubbing?! Blasphemy! j/k It's not for everyone......you have to enjoy listening to music and enjoy moving around and of course you must not be shy to dance in front of loads of people. Personally I think it is too loud in some places as well......but the heavy base just fills me with energy and I feel like movin around.......you learn not to care if ppl think your dancing is shit cos most probably so is theirs....and the worst that could happen is someone you don't know and will never see again has a chuckle at you.....now if you are trying to impress a girl and dance badly ....that could be worse

When you turn 108?! Well I doubt anyone goes clubbing at that age

Who knows what the future might bring, what with rejuvenation and all
But I was talking about my dislike for most kinds of music. You're sure to have heard of how old people stereotypicaly detest any music they can still hear? I'm bound to have an extreme hatred

But seriously, it's not the dancing itself I don't like, it's that I can't comprehend how drinking until you vomit and dancing until your ears beep (and longer) can be considered fun. I know a lot of people enjoy themselves at the clubs, and I know others who don't. I'm 'one of' the latter. (It's like having a voice in the back of your head constantly reminding you of the downsides of clubbing, only it isn't a voice. I'm going over to 'Are you MAD' now... [img]tongue.gif[/img] )
Old 11-10-2001, 07:14 PM   #17
Neb
Account deleted by Request

I am not a party person, or rather, I am not a "teenage party" person, you know, those parties where people's excuse to go is "dancing" and "being social" while in fact all they do is drink alcohol, smoke cigarettes and try to get some girls, I don't mind music at all, I don't mind parties at all, it's just THESE kind of parties that I really don't care for, especially since:

A) I don't drink alcohol of any kind, this is partiall because I saw a good guy become an alcoholic and let both his mind and body wither away.

B) I don't smoke, I really don't see the point of increasing the chance of cancer and coating your lungs with tar just because it's "cool".

C) I wouldn't go to "teenage parties" for the girls since I've already got someone that I'm interested in , and I think the odds of finding anyone who could rival her are somewhere near infinity to one, in other words: It would be impossible.

They never play any good music at those parties anyway, only what has been referred to in this thread as "cheese" music, never anything good like Pink Floyd, ooooh yes, if they started playing Pink Floyd they might have the slightest most non-existent chance of getting me to go to one of those parties.
Old 11-10-2001, 07:48 PM   #18
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

Err...this thread was meant to be about clubbing.....I'm not talking about teenage house parties. Most teenagers aren't even old enough to go clubbing seeeing as the age limit is 18 in england and 21 I think in USA. Mainland Europe is more slack but the average age is still around 23/24 in most clubs.

I don't smoke and I don't drink until I vomit. In fact I've never vomited after drinking before. I drink as much as I feel like....mostly until you get a nice buzz in your head and then stop.......I don't see any point in getting blind-drunk.
Old 11-11-2001, 05:37 AM   #19
Sorcerer Alex

Europe is very slack on clubbing ages. I used to get into the wildest places at the age of fourteen.... I had a time where I drank and smoked like crazy too, but fortunately I'm become much more placed in my old age [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Old 11-11-2001, 05:41 AM   #20
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Memnoch, nice pic, had fun there?!

I love clubing!! buahaha, DJ IS GOD!!!