Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-10-2001, 11:03 AM   #21
Redblueflare
Galvatron

Time for me to put in my two cents. Personally I believe Icewindale was basically a hack and slash game too. The story was there, but there were plenty of things which were left unexplained. However Icewindale is an AD&D game and is included in this forum. Should we leave Diablo 2 out because it isn't AD&D or wizards and warriors? That doesn't seem very fair does it? Lots of people play this game, and if you don't like it don't go into the forum. I also don't think people will start asking for their favorite games. I love Final Fantasy, but that doesn't mean i'm going to start pestering Ziroc for a FF forum.

------------------
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, I just don't have to listen.
Old 08-10-2001, 11:11 AM   #22
sylent
Emerald Dragon

my vote is here!

------------------
"Watch your back"
Old 08-10-2001, 11:18 AM   #23
Grojlach
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Redblueflare:
Time for me to put in my two cents. Personally I believe Icewindale was basically a hack and slash game too. The story was there, but there were plenty of things which were left unexplained. However Icewindale is an AD&D game and is included in this forum. Should we leave Diablo 2 out because it isn't AD&D or wizards and warriors? That doesn't seem very fair does it? Lots of people play this game, and if you don't like it don't go into the forum. I also don't think people will start asking for their favorite games. I love Final Fantasy, but that doesn't mean i'm going to start pestering Ziroc for a FF forum.

Hehe, I love it when people contradict themselves, at least, kind of...
Redbluefare, first you're saying diablo2 is not AD&D or wizards and warriors, which pretty much makes it "a different game" if I read your post right. You also add that it's not fair it's not added because 'lots of people play this game, and if you don't like it don't go into the forum.'
But right after that, you're claiming people won't be pestering Ziroc for other game forums which aren't AD&D and wizards and warriors. And you give the example of Final Fantasy... Final Fantasy, also not AD&D or wizards and warriors, and also played by a lot of people. Which pretty much makes Final Fantasy and diablo2 of the same kind... "Yeah but Final Fantasy is a complete different kind of game!" you will say, but you've just stated diablo2 is a completely different kind of game as well... So at one time you're saying no one will ask for "off topic game" forums, but at the same time, you're giving your support for one...
Really, your post cracked me up, no offense meant...
Old 08-10-2001, 11:56 AM   #24
Ratweed
Manshoon

I play d2 alot actually and i think it would be great if we had a d2 forum and if anyone ever wants to play with me my acount name is AlbaClone and my email is Ratweed3@aol.com.I cant stand the diabloii.net forum all it is flameaholics and with the comutniy we have here there should be no problems so put a vote down for me
Old 08-10-2001, 12:18 PM   #25
sylent
Emerald Dragon

I am what you might call obsessed with D2... so I guess I D2 fourm would be great for me...
What I like about IW is the non-smart-arse attitude of most members, and the willingness to help...
I have visited other forums and found the members to be pretty full of them selves and unhelpful with "newbie" questions,,, of which I tend ot asl a lot.

I would love to have forum where people offered friendly advice in a non - I kick your arse kind of way...

Anyway... see how the bandwidth goes, and consider our please Z.... you have done heaps for us already getting the forum back up.
thanks for that!

Chow 4 Now.... Sy 4 eva

------------------
"Watch your back"

[This message has been edited by sylent (edited 08-10-2001).]