Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-10-2002, 08:33 AM   #1
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Simple question. Does anybody know where I can read a guide on making custom scripts for the game? I would really like to make a custom script for my Mages.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2002, 10:58 AM   #2
Lord Brass
Emerald Dragon

The best place to start is atTeamBG's site. In there you'll find some tutorials for scripting (amongst others) here. Also, go to the TeamBG forums themselves. If you check here, you'll see a forum devoted entirely to 'Scripting & Dialogue Editing'.

Hope that helps, and good luck (I haven't even begun to look at this stuff in depth myself yet).
Old 10-10-2002, 12:32 PM   #3
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

I had a headache just trying to figure out what to download, but I think I have it down pat already. [img]smile.gif[/img] Brain-shocked from frustration though, so I will attempt to code later. [img]smile.gif[/img]

I looked at the default scripts and I must say... it is very lacking. [img]tongue.gif[/img] I mean... who uses Grease and Shocking Grasp?
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2002, 06:33 PM   #4
Lord Brass
Emerald Dragon

There are some...peculiarities aren't there! Its sort of like old BASIC, so it shouldn't be too much of a problem for you. All I've got to do is find the time to start on it really. As to your question: shocking grasp - no, grease - yes (occasionally).

There's lots of tools out there, ain't there though. [img]smile.gif[/img]