Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-09-2002, 03:24 AM   #11
huma
The Magister

quote:
Originally posted by slackerboy:
I prefer Asus , but i wouldn't buy anything without an Nvidia chipset.

I absolutely agree with you on that. Although Visiontek is the current champ in the cardwars right now. It,s still an Nvidia based card.

[ 02-09-2002: Message edited by: huma ]

Old 02-09-2002, 07:06 AM   #12
Xanthul
Symbol of Cyric

Well i dont have too much money to spend on cards, so i bought a card with the ATI Radeon chipset, the cheapest one . Well, it was clear why it was the cheapest one, it s*cked. Then i decided to sell it and buy a GeForce 2 MX400, it costed only 15% more, and it goes SO well. It isnt Hercules or Creative or anything, but it roolz .

I usually visit a Counter Strike forum, and most people HATES ati. Id say that NVidia and its GeForce series are the best, even if some say that the best card is the ATI Radeon 8500, though its the most expensive too i think . Im willing to see the new GeForce 4 cards´ perform.
Old 02-09-2002, 08:16 AM   #13
Staralfur
Baaz Draconian

quote:
Originally posted by AngelofDeath:
Any opinions on Voodoo? I have a Voodoo 4000.

I'm still using a voodoo 2. I bought it about 3 years ago, and it is still going, just about. (I don't use it for many new games though - which is, after all, why you would want a powerful card).

[ 02-09-2002: Message edited by: Staralfur ]

We\'ve heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the Complete Works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true.\"<br />Robert Wilensky <br /><br />\"Why is there only one Monopolies Commission?\" <br />Screaming Lord Sutch<br /><br />If you choke a smurf, what color does it turn?
Old 02-09-2002, 08:25 AM   #14
Mouse
Ironworks Moderator

Trust me to be the odd one out 64mb Hercules 3D Prophet 4500 (Kyro II chipset)

Mouse
(Occasional crooner and all round friendly Scottish rodent)
Old 02-09-2002, 08:36 AM   #15
Lavindathar
Harper

Is there any way to find out the exact specs. of my card?
Old 02-09-2002, 07:08 PM   #16
Scholarcs
Red Dragon

quote:
Originally posted by Lavindathar:
Is there any way to find out the exact specs. of my card?

Display Properties --> settings --> advanced --> adapter should do it.
<br />\"A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five\" - Groucho Marx<br />Member of the ORT Clan. <br />\"Some birds are not meant to be caged because their feathers are too bright\"<br />Ma bouche sera la bouche des malheurs qui n\'ont point de bouche, ma voix, la liberté de celles qui s\'affaissent au cachot du désespoir. - Aimé Césaire<br />La plus perdue de toutes les journées est celle où l\'on n\'a pas ri. - Sébastien Roch Nicolas
Old 02-09-2002, 10:47 PM   #17
MILAMBER
Lord Soth

quote:
Originally posted by Ertai_OHF:
Well i dont have too much money to spend on cards, so i bought a card with the ATI Radeon chipset, the cheapest one . Well, it was clear why it was the cheapest one, it s*cked. Then i decided to sell it and buy a GeForce 2 MX400, it costed only 15% more, and it goes SO well. It isnt Hercules or Creative or anything, but it roolz .

I usually visit a Counter Strike forum, and most people HATES ati. Id say that NVidia and its GeForce series are the best, even if some say that the best card is the ATI Radeon 8500, though its the most expensive too i think . Im willing to see the new GeForce 4 cards´ perform.

Man, the Radeon is so much better then the MX400! The original Radeon is about the equivalent to the Geforce 2 GTS. The MX400 is a considerable step down from the GTS.
\"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.\"<br />-General George Patton (1885-1945)<br /> <br />Member of CLAN HADB<br />Founder of The Anti Clan Coalition
Old 02-10-2002, 02:12 AM   #18
Xanthul
Symbol of Cyric

Yep i know but what i mean is that the cheap version of the gf2 is much better than the cheap version of the radeon. I know my card isnt great, but its enough to play Counter Strike with decent fps, and i hope it will be enough to play NWN too [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-10-2002, 06:30 AM   #19
Pangur Ban

Upgraded from a Voodoo II to Hercules Prophet II MX about 5 months ago. For a reasonably cheap card, it is waaay cool. Great performance, no problem with drivers.

I marvel at the improvements in video cards. My Voodoo II was over $500AUS, 3 years ago. My MX cost less than half that, and OH !!, the difference in perfomance !!!

Pang [img]graemlins/cat3.gif[/img]
Old 02-10-2002, 05:01 PM   #20
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

I would go with a stable manufactorer, and GeForce 3 card that supports the NVidias own drivers, then youhave no need to feel left out on updates. Go for a card with 3,8 Nhs, that way you get a real cool card. And Epona, that Elsa card is one of the five fastest TI 500 cards out there, so no need to worry!

Asus is a lso a favvo here, though for graphics card, I would go for something wolder with lower Nhs actually. Asus builds stable things though! Elsa is expensive, but they pack a punch to! Vreative have one of the most stable TI200 GeForce 3 cards due to most tests, Hercules have also a really good card and sells a variant without gems or anything to keep the price tag sown a bit..

Don´t eat the yellow snow