Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-11-2002, 05:58 PM   #1
Lil' Bo Theifus
Welcomed New User

Monks ----> Do they get AC from high Dexterity? Or just Wisdom? Also, is there any way to make a monk Dual Wield his fists?

Rangers ---> Says in the manual they start the game with both Two-Weapon Fighting and Ambidexterity, but when you level up and get new feats both of these are empty in the feat selection screen (I mean it looks like you don't have the feat.) Can you select them again for more bonuses?

Aasimar ---> What exactly is 'Sunscorch'?

General ---> Say I find an item that is NOT usable by a specific class (lets say Ranger for instance) but I really want my Ranger to have it. If I get him a level in some class that CAN use the item will he then be able to use it?

Thanks in advance...

Lil' Bo
Lil' Bo Theifus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2002, 06:18 PM   #2
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

1) Monks get ac bonus from BOTH dexterity and wisdom. No, you can dual wield fists. That's already factored into the BAB and damage bonuses.

2) As far as I know, taking the ambidexterity and two weapon fighting feats again for the ranger does NOT add any additional bonuses. Those feats are active even for a starting character. Not sure WHY they appear untagged. BUG?

3) Sunscorch is a spell / special ability that causes fire damage and blinds your opponenets. VERY useful against trolls and undead. [img]smile.gif[/img]

4) It depends on how the item is scripted. If it is described as usable only by class A, then adding Class A as a second class to your character should allow your character to use that item. If it is described as not usable by your character class, then adding a second class probably won;t solve that problem; but i am not sure.

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2002, 06:21 PM   #3
ratchild
Manshoon

1. Monks gain dex from both wis and Dex, however, they don't lose the wisdom bonus to dex when surrounded, like you would from Dex. They automatically dual wield fists, but it does not change number of attacks.
2. The ranger feats are known as "virtual feats", as they get them for free,
but need to meet the qualifications first, in this case light or no armor.
3. Aasimar sunscorch is a racial ability. it is simply a low level fire based spell, handy for dispatching trolls.
4. yes, if you add a level of a class that can use that item, you can then use it. However, most items are not good enough to water down a character by taking a level elsewhere just to use an item.