Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-10-2002, 04:30 PM   #1
Kygon-Jo
Dungeon Master

Hello all. I have just entered Kulduhar and I am enjoying the exploring. I just wish that I had a little more cash for use with the Merchants in the underdark. They had some nice goodies. I must admit that I juiced my gold a bit to get some of the extravagant gifts. I had 70,000.00 when i got here but wanted to load up on magic arrows and bolts. The weapons were way to pricey.

Any way I ended up killing the merchants and got some good stuff anyway.

I find that when exploring I Summon some undead to accompany my invisble halfling to map out a route. It works Ok but NPC start a conversation even if I am invisible. I hate that. I want to go back an prep the group. That is why I am Hiding and scouting. Very frustrating sometimes. Thank goodness the summoned creatures stall the bad guys.

I tried this battle technique for tough battles. Tell me what you think. I cast protection from evil my party and summon elementals. I have found this very effective if I have the time to prepare.

Anyway on to Kulduhar to fight the undead.
I hope you all are enjoying the game as much as I am.
Kygon-Jo
Kygon-Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2002, 04:46 PM   #2
Nightowl2
Galvatron

The designers consider some conversations critical to the plot, so they happen even if the character is invisible at the time. There's no way around this. However, your character should remain invisible when that occurs.

Nightowl2
Nightowl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2002, 06:12 PM   #3
Kygon-Jo
Dungeon Master

They remain invisible but the battle always starts.
Kygon-Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2002, 06:25 PM   #4
Magness
Quintesson

Quote:
Originally posted by Kygon-Jo:
I tried this battle technique for tough battles. Tell me what you think. I cast protection from evil my party and summon elementals. I have found this very effective if I have the time to prepare.
I don't use elementals in IWD2 unless there's a specific reason to do so. You cannot control them. Even if you're party is protected from evil and the elementals won't turn on you, you still cannot order them around. This is why I prefer Animate Undead. They will go where you tell them to go and fight who you tell them to fight without complaint.

If a battle is already in progress and I want another monster ally or 2, I usually use one of the Summon Monster # spells. They take less time to cast.
Magness is offline   Reply With Quote