Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-08-2002, 02:15 PM   #11
NobleNick
Quintesson

Welcome to the forum, CursedShadow!!

Just to troubleshoot: Drop EVERYTHING (weapons, armor --> get naked) and see if the shield will go on. If not, you have a bug. If it will, keep picking up stuff and equiping one-handed weaps until you find out where the conflict is. Then report back and I'm sure the experts, here, will be able to diagnose your problem AND prescribe the solution.

Party On!
NobleNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2002, 05:19 PM   #12
CursedShadow
Elite Waterdeep Guard

As a point of information, should I be able to equip the shield even if I am not carrying any weapon?
CursedShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2002, 06:11 PM   #13
Lord Brass
Emerald Dragon

Hiya CursedShadow. Yes, there's no problem with equipping any item that your character is capable of using i.e. no chainmail for mages etc. This certainly is a problem. Do you have a thief at all? I was just wondering whether you could equip a buckler on them, or equip a shield on your cleric. That way we'd know that the problem is/isn't limited to fighters solely.

Let us know and we'll see if we have to put our heads together a bit more.
Old 10-08-2002, 07:42 PM   #14
CursedShadow
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Guys, I feel like an idiot but the answer was in Keraptisdm's answer way at the top. I unequipped my bow, but I still had a two-handed sword in another weapon slot that I figured was OK. Sorry to waste your time, but at least the mystery is solved. The Shadow is just a bit slow!
CursedShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2002, 07:55 PM   #15
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

LOL, not to worry Shadow. We all suffer thru brain-lock on occassion. Glad that it was something simple so you didn;t have to go through all of the unistalling / reinstalling nightmare. [img]smile.gif[/img]

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2002, 08:28 PM   #16
Keraptisdm
Elminster

Quote:
Originally posted by CursedShadow:
Guys, I feel like an idiot but the answer was in Keraptisdm's answer way at the top. I unequipped my bow, but I still had a two-handed sword in another weapon slot that I figured was OK. Sorry to waste your time, but at least the mystery is solved. The Shadow is just a bit slow!
Hooray, I got one right for a change! Don't worry Shadow. As Micah stated, we all suffer from brain-lock from time to time. That's just one reason why this forum is so great, we all try to help. I'm glad that I had a correct answer for you! Now if Mr. Baggins and I could just get Lord Brass to change his views on Kobolds. Everyone, join the round robin discussion in the Baldurs Gate 1 forum regarding the oppressed Kobold! (Then vote yes)
Keraptisdm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2002, 09:24 PM   #17
pritchke
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Yes, we have all had problems.

Just to make sure you know the spacebar will pause your game during combat so you can make your next move.

I have heard of people going through an entire game without knowing that simple rule. But it is only a rumour.
pritchke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2002, 08:27 AM   #18
Keraptisdm
Elminster

Quote:
Originally posted by pritchke:
Yes, we have all had problems.

Just to make sure you know the spacebar will pause your game during combat so you can make your next move.

I have heard of people going through an entire game without knowing that simple rule. But it is only a rumour.
ROFLMAO!! [img]graemlins/laugh3.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh2.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh3.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh2.gif[/img]
I remember that thread!
Another one to remember is that it's not a good idea to cast Agannazar's Scorcher from the middle of the party. Or so I've heard.
Keraptisdm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2002, 09:14 AM   #19
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

one way to get away with using shields requires party management use bows when you want, but drop them and any two handed weapons when you want to get into melee (the pause function is great for this) my cleric normally has an AC of -11, but could be better if I gave him all the best stuff, instead of having him share (he is the only one to use a shield, like in bg2.
Old 10-09-2002, 04:12 PM   #20
Lord Brass
Emerald Dragon

What sort of crazed lunatic would go through IWD without using pause? Honestly, they'd have to be some nutter from...Calgary say, or somewhere like that!