Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-02-2005, 11:28 PM   #61
wellard
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Hivetyrant:

*People that automatically assume that all 4WD owners never take it off-road and abuse them for it.

Ok I forgot, sometimes they take them off the road and park on the lawn to wash them ... not that they get dirty much!

*All protestors, I think anyone that decides to
protest and disrupts the lives of everyone else should be shot in their place.

People who protest against protesters should be shot first though

*People that are trying to get bull bars removed from vehicles.

I thought we had already suceeded

*PT cruisers (2nd most hated thing in my life)

hey thats one of the few less ugly famly cars on the road mate! and BTW what is number 1?

*That "Mal" guy from the infomercials

Oh good point!

*Australian rap

Yep, it IS bad! so bad it makes Vaskez seem cool [img]graemlins/heee.gif[/img]

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
wellard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2005, 12:58 AM   #62
Sever
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Australian rap IS bad.
boo hoo hoo hoo hoo hoo
Sever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2005, 09:31 AM   #63
krunchyfrogg
Red Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Grojlach:
quote:
Originally posted by krunchyfrogg:
I dispise horrible grammar
despise.
Good thing you didn't mention anything about despising horrible spelling.
[/QUOTE]LMAO! [img]graemlins/lol.gif[/img]
Old 09-06-2005, 10:18 AM   #64
Sever

GRRR! I can't take this crap anymore. If there's one thing that REALLY makes me angry, it's how Australian media chooses to focus it's attention on how many Australian casualties were involved in the latest disasters around the world.

New Orleans, London bombings, tsunami, Iraq hostages, Madrid bombings, 9-11 etc. etc.

It gets pointed out at the end of a story in such a 'matter-of-fact' way that's just begging to say: "Well, no aussies were killed. Can't be that bad, eh?" Throw another @#$%in' prawn on the barbie. You @#$%.

If it's not at the end of an article or news piece, it's headlining the prime time, or spat out in bold type on the front page of the news rag.

The next time something terrible happens around the world, (and it will) just for once, i'd like the media to focus its collective attention on the REAL situation at hand. Not on a body-count with non aussie casualties filtered out. A person is a person, after all.

Some part of my mind (not twisted humour, but not far off) is trying to grasp this situation: A disaster in the lucky country. How do you dodge up a count for that one? @#$% [img]graemlins/1pissed.gif[/img]

Apologies for the harsh words. This is something that has been eating me for a very long time. [img]graemlins/1disgust.gif[/img]

[img]graemlins/rant.gif[/img]
boo hoo hoo hoo hoo hoo
Old 09-06-2005, 10:49 AM   #65
Winter Wolf
Manshoon

I got a couple.

Beggars, specifically those who beg by choice, even though they are perfectly capable of going out and FINDING A JOB. I recognize that some people really are screwed (for lack of a better term), but I see more of those who prefer a handout to actually doing something, anything, that does not involve leeching off other others. I mean really, a "beggar" who at least performs or something is *trying* to do something. It's the people who go around with their hand/cup out, shaking it at me and mumbling 'thank you, thank you' that get my goat. And why are they so *clean*? If you've really been living on the streets for as long as you claim, you'd be dirty, even excepting for the occasional downpour of rain. So why the hell do you smell of lavender bath soap!?

People who think they need to talk REALLY LOUD to make me understand what they're saying. Man, I'm like a foot away from you, quit trying to rupture my eardrums. I have sensitive ears, and that hurts.

People who end every sentence with, "right?" This happens a lot with the people who live where I live. Look, if you need me to affirm *every single thing* that comes out of your mouth, maybe you should just shut up for a minute and think before you speak.

People who get bent out of shape if I don't smile. I don't like smiling, it hurts my face. People can be happy without smiling, accept it instead of badgering me and making me want to smile *even less*.

All time angry thing: People who treat their dogs poorly. F@@@! You retard, if you can't be at least decent to your dog, maybe you shouldn't have one. I have personal experience of a guy who beat a puppy so badly he broke its leg. Literally broke it, and then set it in a splint using chopsticks. Chopsticks! There will come a day when someone breaks his damn leg, or a dog bites off his twig and berries. And I will laugh long and loud, *in his face*. This is the same SOB who ended up having a dog die on him because he was too cheap and STUPID to take it to a vet for proper treatment. The dog had CPV (canine parvo-virus, I think) and he thought it was a common cold. Well the dog died and his reaction was anger that his "investment was wasted". Yeah, you go Mr. Irresponsible Wannabe Dog Breeder. Scum.
Old 09-06-2005, 05:07 PM   #66
Illumina Drathiran'ar
Apophis

5 Card Draw Champion
Sever, I imagine it's like that everywhere... They always tell us how many Americans were killed in this or that incident over here.

http://xkcd.com/386/
http://www.xkcd.com/406/

My heart is like my coffee. Black, bitter, icy, and with a straw.
Illumina Drathiran'ar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005, 07:14 PM   #67
Hivetyrant
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Sever:
GRRR! I can't take this crap anymore. If there's one thing that REALLY makes me angry, it's how Australian media chooses to focus it's attention on how many Australian casualties were involved in the latest disasters around the world.

New Orleans, London bombings, tsunami, Iraq hostages, Madrid bombings, 9-11 etc. etc.

It gets pointed out at the end of a story in such a 'matter-of-fact' way that's just begging to say: "Well, no aussies were killed. Can't be that bad, eh?" Throw another @#$%in' prawn on the barbie. You @#$%.

If it's not at the end of an article or news piece, it's headlining the prime time, or spat out in bold type on the front page of the news rag.

The next time something terrible happens around the world, (and it will) just for once, i'd like the media to focus its collective attention on the REAL situation at hand. Not on a body-count with non aussie casualties filtered out. A person is a person, after all.

Some part of my mind (not twisted humour, but not far off) is trying to grasp this situation: A disaster in the lucky country. How do you dodge up a count for that one? @#$% [img]graemlins/1pissed.gif[/img]

Apologies for the harsh words. This is something that has been eating me for a very long time. [img]graemlins/1disgust.gif[/img]

[img]graemlins/rant.gif[/img]
I know exactly how you feel, and I wholeheartedly agree, when a storm destroys a city and there are hundreds of thousands of people fending for their life in a superdome, I want to know about that,I'm all that interested in the front page fact that 4 Aussies were kilometers away and feared for their life when they were "horifically verbaly threatened" or some crap like that.

Quote:
Throw another @#$%in' prawn on the barbie. You @#$%.
ROFL, well put
Hivetyrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 05:09 AM   #68
Sever

Quote:
Originally posted by Illumina Drathiran'ar:
Sever, I imagine it's like that everywhere... They always tell us how many Americans were killed in this or that incident over here.
I thought as much. But doesn't it make you mad?!
boo hoo hoo hoo hoo hoo
Old 09-07-2005, 10:29 AM   #69
Illumina Drathiran'ar
Apophis

5 Card Draw Champion
Yes, it does. It's like, "Oh, only five of the two hundered killed were Americans. That's a relief." The number of Americans killed doesn't make it any better or any worse... It's still a loss of life.

http://xkcd.com/386/
http://www.xkcd.com/406/

My heart is like my coffee. Black, bitter, icy, and with a straw.
Illumina Drathiran'ar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 10:35 AM   #70
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Brood Mares People with too many kids.