Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-06-2003, 04:44 PM   #11
Arledrian
Egyptian Goddess of the Dead

Quote:
Originally posted by Maelakin:
When I was 9 I got into a fight with my little brother (he was 7). During the fight he decided to use whatever means was handy to will the fight. It turned out a paint scrapper was near so he used that on my head.

A ton of stitches later, I can actually say I know what it is like to be scalped. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
That's so cool. Or maybe I've just watched too many red indian movies. I took a full seven days off college to watch "Western Week" on Discovery Channel once, so I guess I've answered my own question. But still [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
Old 11-06-2003, 05:15 PM   #12
Zuvio
Gold Dragon

When I was a toddler I got bitten in the bum by a doggy..... a doggy that was taller than me and my entire head would fit in his mouth I would believe. Never liked dogs ever since, I'm more of a cat-person [img]graemlins/choc.gif[/img]
Old 11-06-2003, 06:27 PM   #13
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

My childhood was a bit more pain-free than most of you guys. Now I had the normal scrapes and bruises, but nothing really stands out as the worst injury. The only trip I made to the ER during my childhood was on a Saturday night when I was 13 or so for swimmer's ear. Now that was the most painful thing I experienced in my life until my first true love cut me loose... and maybe since then.
Old 11-06-2003, 06:36 PM   #14
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
There were three times I had to get stitches (well one time I didn't get stitches, but I probably should have, still have the scar today). I was about 4-5 with all of them I think. Once I was trying to walk along a rock retaining wall at our house and split my lower lip open, got stitches then. My brother's fault, I think I was four so he should have been watching me . Once I slipped going up some stairs when we on a picnic or something and split my chin open, again stitches. I still have a little scar that you can see but it's sort of below my chin so it's not unsightly . Then once I was running into my room to get someting to show my brother (so his fault again ) and ran forehead first into the doorjamb and split my forehead open. No stitches so now I have a reasonably visible 2cm scar in the middle of my forehead from my hairline.

They're pretty tame though. I've never broken a bone or anything fun like that.
Old 11-06-2003, 06:37 PM   #15
pritchke
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Only 2:

1. I was 1 and pulled the hot iron off the board. It landed on my hand.
2. I was 16 and dropped a 10lb weight from knee height and it landed on my toe, I had to get the nail removed and it bother me until I was 25, kept getting ingrown toe nails.

Thats all, there were lots of close calls like my Mom tossing me a little to far upon her sholder and me almost going (had me dangling upside down by the foot, or me almost rolling off a table when getting a diaper changed.

[ 11-06-2003, 06:41 PM: Message edited by: pritchke ]
Old 11-06-2003, 07:02 PM   #16
T/-/alali
Baaz Draconian

well, When I was about 8, I was at a company picknick and it was at a lake house. The lake house had a dock, a dock with rusty supports. My uncle threw me in and I cut my knee on the rusty mettle, never got stiches even though I have a pretty big scar on my knee.

My teacher's brother had a sort of funny one when he was little. He saw and electic fence that said do not touch, so he peed on it and got shocked [img]tongue.gif[/img] .
Old 11-06-2003, 09:12 PM   #17
TheGrandSlayer
Red Wizard of Thay

All right here's my story,
A few years ago I had gotten my tonsils taken out (YAY!)
It was the last week before I had to return to school (Boo!)
I hemeraged ( HOLY #%$&!)
Now in my opinoin its hard to top puking blood all over the kitchen. (Yuck)
Old 11-06-2003, 10:09 PM   #18
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

I really didn't have any childhood accidents that were really major. Only ones were having my right finger shut in a car door incessently (I was screaming when it happened, did it to myself LOL, my mom was indifferent, looking about like "what?" , a construction worker that was doing repairs on the neighbors house ran over and opened the car door for me finally, freeing my finger, as I was unable to open the door myself with my left hand because my right hand and arm was trapped, too difficult to reach over my trapped arm, I was 9 at the time). Had the same finger also shut in the front door of our house a few months later LOL (again I seemed to do it to myself), and then 4 years later had the same finger shut in a van door by some students in a hurry when on a school trip. Was my middle finger btw each time, and it survived and works just fine

I also once on the 4th of July had the top of my head slammed by a hatchback lift, we were going to see the fireworks in D.C. with my parents' friends, and us kids piled into the hatchback part of their car, and when we were getting out the owner of the car was in a bit of a hurry cause we were late, and apparently didn't wait for me to totally crawl out of the car before he slammed the lid down, on my head. Thanks [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Obviously I have a problem with doors LOL.

I almost drowned in the ocean also in N.C. when I was 15, a guy in red shorts saved me with his boogie board else I'd be not here right now.

[ 11-06-2003, 10:24 PM: Message edited by: ladyzekke ]

Reality Show Recaps
Old 11-06-2003, 10:22 PM   #19
GForce

Worst? Well, as a two year old, I once fell in a well and almost drowned. But by a fortunate chance, a GI man who's not normally home on that certain weekday was home. He came to my rescue. I was pretty much covered with leeches as well. As a side note, this event actually had a personal significance to me on a spiritual level. I'll leave it at that since most might find my personal accounts gibberish.

Old 11-06-2003, 10:29 PM   #20
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

Quote:
Originally posted by TheGrandSlayer:
All right here's my story,
A few years ago I had gotten my tonsils taken out (YAY!)
It was the last week before I had to return to school (Boo!)
I hemeraged ( HOLY #%$&!)
Now in my opinoin its hard to top puking blood all over the kitchen. (Yuck)
Hmmm, but I could try....4 years ago, I had surgery on my ear, becuase I have had a ear infection in each ear since i was 7, that is right since I was 7, well the surgery went great, but recovery did not, I could not keep my pulsox(oxygen) up, it kept dropping below 89% well, because of that, they made me set up so I would wake up, and breath more, causing me to puke, which in turn caused my ear to split back open, imagine, blood pouring out of your ear non stop, and them pressing bandages on it, one after the other, to stop the bleeding. ohh the pain, to this day, I still have a hole behind my ear, because the doctor did not know it had split, he thought it was just a capillary(sp?) that ruptured, I did not find out about the hole for almost a year after it. when i was taking a shower, the water kept running into my ear, and I could not figure out why, so now I can not shower, because water in my ear cause another infection...and then there was tis time, when i was a child, and having more ear surgery, that is the story of my life, the anestisia(sp?) doctor was not watchng the gaughes properly, and I woke up, when they were using the say to cut away the bone, I remember the pain, and remember grabbing the doctors hand, he freaked out, and almost cut to deep. my parents and the doctors say there is no way I can remember, but I do.....should I say more? I have loads of the stories I could tell