Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-17-2001, 10:10 PM   #1
matty
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Firstly Im carrying all kinds of crap. Voodoo dolls what do I do with them? Alababa lamp? Do I need all the keys,gold serapins,flasks,crank lever thingies from previous dungeons? I just finished dragon spire and killed the bandit do I have to go through the spire to get where it let me out? cuz I purposely jumped off the wall to go back to ishbad na to fulfill quests. I havent promoted my characters yet except for assassin. Any suggestions for what anyone found as a good ascension? for example cleric to ?? magician to ?? I am eligible for all of them.
matty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2001, 10:30 PM   #2
Tempus
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I brought a "mule" character over to the port to hold quest items that I no longer need. As for acsension, turn the preist into a paladin and the wizard into a warlock but not until they are around level 12 or 14 and have all the spells you want (especially vine).
Tempus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2001, 10:31 PM   #3
matty
Elite Waterdeep Guard

the mule character is a good idea...thanks
matty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2001, 11:42 PM   #4
Moni

If you want to "use" your Voodoo dolls on an enemy, you can "curse" them (before you kill them LOL). It keeps them (I heard) from being able to hit you as easily as they might otherwise. I sold mine. : )

The Ali Babba Lamp can be invoked by one character to summon up a genie who will grant you wishes. Check out the options...do a search on the lamp on this forum, you will get lots of ideas and information.
Dropping it after the genie is summoned and before the wish is granted enables you to get wishes for each character in your party (you can pick it back up after the wish is granted and use it over and over again)where you otherwise would not.

Keys you know you have used and don't need now can be dropped in a pile outside the gates of the city...these items don't disappear and will still be there if you need them later...or store them on a "mule" at the Inn.

Unless you have the spells "Create Portal" and "teleport" you will need to go through Dragon Spire again, so hang on to that bridge crank!
Otherwise, you can create a portal on the pathway where you jumped down and teleport there as often as you need to be going back and forth.

Ascension is a matter of personal choice..what do you want them to be next. : )
I saved my priest until the end game and made him a Zenmaster. : )
The choice of roles you take though is purely yours.

: )
Moni
Old 03-17-2001, 11:53 PM   #5
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

1) Voodoo dolls cast a curse. Not worth it, IMO. Sell them or drop them.

2) Use the Alababa lamp to get very good enhancements for your characters. You can get 6 different enhancements:
Armor: (Armor of Argus: Enhanced Chain Armor)
Weapon: (Sword of Argus: Magically Enhanced Sword, Death Strike..?)
Health: (25 HP gain; not really worth it, IMO)
Ward: (Amulet of Argus; excellent magical and effect resistances)
Power: (Arms of Argus trait; enhanced hit and damage abilities)
Attributes: (+1 to every Attribute point).

To get enhancements for each of your characters, have the lead character first (use) it on your second character. When Alababa the Genie appears, have him/her drop the lamp. Alababa will grant you one of the 6 things above, whatever you choose. When he disappears, have the second character pick up the lamp and use it on the third character, then drop it when the Genie appears, etc.

To let the last character get his/her enhancement, give the lamp back to the first character and have him/her use it on the last character. When the Genie appears, click on the Last character before he starts speaking. The last character will get whatever enhancement you wish.

3) I don't think you need keys, etc., but to make sure, drop them just outside a city gate (Brimoch Roon for example). They should still be there for a long, long, long time.

4) If you didn't cast a "Portal" spell on the Brimloch Roon side of the Spire, yep, back you go through the Spire. There's an easy way, though. On the pathway where you first meet Kol, (just off the rapid river where you find the boulders and the dragonshard), the pathway passes through the waterfall on a bridge. If you look directly over the side of the bridge, there's a lower bridge that leads to Hephaestus. Jump off that bridge onto the lower one, and you're right at Hephaestus and pretty close to getting back to Erathsmedor, without having to swim up that ridiculously hard current again.

On your ascensions, have one of your characters learn Moon magic so you can get the Create Portal and Teleport spells. They're invaluable (especially with things like the Spire).

-Sazerac

Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote