Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-14-2001, 08:08 PM   #1
Silyen
Welcomed New User

I was turned into a vampire by the lasandra chick at ruins....I can't heal my guy and they wont cure him at town.....I saved my game after she bit me like a damn idiot. Does anyone know how I can change back to normal!?!
Silyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2001, 08:13 PM   #2
DrDave
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I'm afraid you can't!

You can, however, get a ring from another vamp at Skull Castle which makes your life easier but I gather you need to install the patch first!

I would advise others to pickpocket Lysandra (it's really not that hard after all how many places can she hide stuff?) or, if all else fails, kill her.

Sorry Lys!
DrDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2001, 09:14 PM   #3
slug
Manshoon

this game has somehow introduced the notion that vampires can be "good people." what happened to the good ol'days when such things got a wooden stake in the chest first and asked questions later? they aren't warm or cold blooded. they don't have any blood, and they want yours.

i not only dusted lysandra, but a whole room full of same later on. sure i listened to her problem and her promises. i said i got some freedom for ya. she couldn't offer me the one thing i might have considered. a certain warmth.

and i am not one to off NPC's for exp. never have i laid one finger on some of the popular "exp NPC's." my latest playthrough left only gorthius, scanthril, scabban, and the vampires dead. along with some others who get hostile and are supposed to be fought. if you think it wrong to kill gorthius, just try not taking his oath and see what happens. (you still get the picks)
slug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2001, 09:47 PM   #4
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Hmmm...actually, ever since Anne Rice, the notion that Vampires can be "good" (well, not necessarily good, but at least with consciences) has pretty much entered the reality set of this era. Gone are the days when you could just stake a vampire and walk away without a qualm. Now you have to be "PC" with them, too.

The short-lived TV show "Kindred: The Embraced" really brought this out; too bad it was taken off after the 6th episode or so; it really had promise.

-Sazerac
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2001, 11:18 PM   #5
slug
Manshoon

uuhhhh. vampires bad. me kill.
slug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2001, 11:34 PM   #6
mammawlin
Drizzt Do'Urden

One of my characters has been a vampire throughout the game, since the castle. It is difficult sometimes, but usually a blood creature shows up right on time. The ring does works well and yes you need the patch to wear the ring. Sazerac, I never heard of that show - sounds like my kind of entertainment! Ahhh, Anne Rice - what a lady! The female King!

Mammawlin
mammawlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2001, 11:59 PM   #7
Silyen
Welcomed New User

intresting...so If I bite blood creatures I drain hit points back? or do I need the ring to do this? could anyone post a link to this patch possibly? =D

Maybe being a vampire wont be sooo bad....
Silyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2001, 12:24 AM   #8
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

*OFF TOPIC*

"Kindred: The Embraced" was on for a short time in early '96. It was set in 90's San Francisco, and involved five vampire "clans" which operated like Mafia families. The main family (the "good" one) was headed by a vampire named Julian Luna, who was the hero of the series. (I think he was called the "Prince", much like the head of a Mafia family is called a "Don").

It was a great series for those of us who liked both fantasy and "gangster"-type shows. They still sell the series on VCR and DVD media.

-Sazerac (now back to regularly scheduled programming)
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2001, 01:40 PM   #9
mammawlin
Drizzt Do'Urden

Dear Silyen, Well, something could be worse than being a vampire, like being poisoned. If it is too late for you to go back, then you can survive with your vampire. At night they get a lot of hits in - just go to vampire bite, eat up and they will be 100% well in no time. The ring is one that a vampire will offer you if you bring them the scroll of banishing. (Where are you now?) It keeps your vampire from losing hit points so quickly. I don't know how to send a link with the patch, (sorry) but have alerted Wyvern that you need it, so I am sure she will post it for you real soon - just check back later. If you can go back - it may be advisable. Being a vampire is a hassel sometimes. In any case, God speed to you and your party!

Mammawlin
mammawlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2001, 07:38 PM   #10
DrDave
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I envy your simple world view Slug - and yet who are we to judge the lifestyle of others? Sure Vampires may never be able to fully integrate into society as we know it but do they not have a vital role to play in the great web of life? After all do we stake lawyers, rap artists, reporters or politicians? Don't Vampires have a more valid right to "live"? How many people do you know whose lives have been messed up by a Vampire?

Besides which Spike is possibly my favourite Buffy character - and James Marsters' accent is actually not bad!
DrDave is offline   Reply With Quote