Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-11-2003, 12:16 PM   #1
Alaniris
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Having trouble with the spider. I am playing a level 5 Monk. How should I go about beating it. Which henchman should I have with me. Ideas, suggestions needed.
Alaniris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2003, 02:30 PM   #2
spydar

there's a spider in the beggar's nest??? how come I don't remember this??

anyway, if you're a monk, in all your kick-ass coolness (I like monks), then you should have a magic-user with you. I find the bard Sharwyn very handy.
Old 06-11-2003, 02:39 PM   #3
Alaniris
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I will give it a try. She is one of two henchman I have not used. The other is the monk. The spider is in the crypt when entered from the snake cult estate.
Old 06-11-2003, 02:54 PM   #4
andrewas
Harper

Henchman is pretty useless for this, dosent have the AI to help out much except with spells, and IME they tend to get diced first. I took this thing with the good old stone of recall cheese. Wait till near-death and recall. heal, recall (or run back, depends on how much you need the gold). Rinse and repeat. If you want to stand and fight, you will have to buff heavily. And bring antidote potions.

I used Linu with my monk. Not bad, able to deal decent damage spells and has a load of buffs as well. Use the henchman inventory/AI upgrade, without it the henchman is pathetic.
Old 06-11-2003, 03:24 PM   #5
Alaniris
Elite Waterdeep Guard

henchman inventory/AI upgrade? Don't understand what you mean. Please explain.
Old 06-11-2003, 04:13 PM   #6
Granamere
Zhentarim Guard

Andrewas please link to the one you are refering to. I have not done this at all but I have heard this improves the game play greatly. http://nwvault.ign.com/Files/hakpack...21482987.shtml is a link to one possible AI / Henchman upgrade. I have been waiting for SoU to see if it fixes the original NWN issuses with this or if it only help in the expansion. Also search aroung on there they have some other good stuff.

The spider problem with a monk and a henchman. Hum I always play theives and wizards. So I can backstab and summon in other creatures. This is a different way of thinking about it. No traps or wands. Are you sure you want to play a monk? [img]smile.gif[/img] If you have them use a potion of haste, invisibility, barkskin, bless and aid. Also if you have the Lantanese Ring make sure you are wearing it. Regeneration is a good thing. Attack run away heal then come back without having to use the recall stone. Just some ideas.

Granamere
Granamere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2003, 05:27 PM   #7
andrewas
Harper

Thats the one I use. In comparison, the AI in the default game seems distinctly amateur. I suspect the AI component of this mod will still be very useful even when SoU makes the inventory management redundant.