Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-16-2004, 12:04 PM   #21
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

A surprisingly easy victory with 12 overs to spare. Surprising as I thought NZ would put up more of a fight, they are the No3 ranked team in the world after all, and won the Natwest TriSeries here after all. [img]graemlins/wow.gif[/img] What an onslaught from Symmo, 71 off 47 with four sixes!! The improvement in this guy over the past 18 months, since the WC, has been amazing. Goes to show what a bit of confidence and support from your captain does for your form, he'd be one of the three best players in the squad at the moment and has proven to be a more than capable replacement for Bevan. Marto played fluently for his 60, and Hayden showed composure in his 47, showed how to chase a low score - keep the run rate ticking along. Bad luck Kiwis but they lost it in the first innings. Really sorry. Ooops

Now either SL or England - hopefully it will be England, I'd like SL to win as I reckon that would give us a better contest but nothing would give me more pleasure than to see us knock the Pommies out... [img]graemlins/evillaughter2.gif[/img]

Old 09-16-2004, 06:18 PM   #22
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Well in that case Memsie, I hope we play the Poms. I want to see how Viking Andy handles a few around his ears, and I want to see how many times Mr Giles gets swatted over the fence by Matt the Bat and Symo [img]smile.gif[/img] ,
Old 09-17-2004, 01:52 AM   #23
theGrimm
Manshoon

And here's poor me, hoping we can just beat the Windies! Argh, how our cricket has fallen
Old 09-17-2004, 03:07 AM   #24
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by theGrimm:
And here's poor me, hoping we can just beat the Windies! Argh, how our cricket has fallen
Hey, I didn't realise we had any Saffa members on this board (plenty on my rugby board, but not here). Welcome aboard mate, you must be the first (and only) Saffrican member here. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] Though I reckon you'll do it tough against the Windies unless your bowling turns up, I don't fancy your batting lineup to post a score high enough to challenge theirs...

Old 09-17-2004, 03:43 AM   #25
theGrimm
Manshoon

Well, we whitewashed them in our most recent series, but you're right, short of Kallis, our batting is up to scratch.
Old 09-17-2004, 04:10 AM   #26
Lanesra
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Memnoch:
quote:
Hey, I didn't realise we had any Saffa members on this board (plenty on my rugby board, but not here). Welcome aboard mate, you must be the first (and only) Saffrican member here. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] Though I reckon you'll do it tough against the Windies unless your bowling turns up, I don't fancy your batting lineup to post a score high enough to challenge theirs... [/QUOTE]I'm south African.....when they play your mob
Old 09-17-2004, 06:56 AM   #27
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Lanesra:
quote:
Originally posted by Memnoch:
quote:
Hey, I didn't realise we had any Saffa members on this board (plenty on my rugby board, but not here). Welcome aboard mate, you must be the first (and only) Saffrican member here. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] Though I reckon you'll do it tough against the Windies unless your bowling turns up, I don't fancy your batting lineup to post a score high enough to challenge theirs... [/QUOTE]I'm south African.....when they play your mob [/QUOTE]You're Indian as well when they play our mob, right Lanesra? And Pakistani as well?

Old 09-18-2004, 05:21 AM   #28
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Hey Lanesra - is losing as a Brit not enough for you - why do you feel the need to lose as a member of so many other natinalities . I can now see where they get the saying "The Brits are the best losers in the world - they have to be, they get so much practice at it"
Old 09-19-2004, 06:26 AM   #29
Donut
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Davros:
Well - barring a comeback of biblical proportions, that is the Kiwi's out of the way. Who is next for us - the Sri Lankans I am guessing
I guess guessing ain't your strong point old chap!
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show
Old 09-19-2004, 06:28 AM   #30
Donut
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Davros:
Well in that case Memsie, I hope we play the Poms. I want to see how Viking Andy handles a few around his ears, and I want to see how many times Mr Giles gets swatted over the fence by Matt the Bat and Symo [img]smile.gif[/img] ,
Unless you bat first it's doubtful if you'll see Flintoff get a chance to bat.
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show