Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-21-2003, 08:49 AM   #1
Devv
The Magister

Does anybody know if the Balthis Estate in the Bridge district has any role in the game? Also, I notice a box that I have never been able to get into, in the Jysteev Estate in the Government District(you come here to see Sir Sarles). I don't remember the box being opened when you do Jan's quest, which involves Lady Jysteev. 2 things so far that I have never found a use for in the game and I am enjoying my Blade party game that I want to complete it 100%.
Devv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2003, 06:18 PM   #2
Kezardin
Elminster

The Balthis estate was part of an incomplete quest involving Haer Daelis.

The quest may be included in the Unfinished Business MOD -

http://forums.fwstudios.net/index.php?showforum=110
Kezardin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2003, 08:41 PM   #3
Devv
The Magister

Thanks m8, now just need somebody who has opened that box Is there any way I can open it with a cheat to peek inside? The only way I can think of is abusing the wild surge "open all locks."
Devv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2003, 09:28 PM   #4
Lord
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by Devv:
Thanks m8, now just need somebody who has opened that box Is there any way I can open it with a cheat to peek inside? The only way I can think of is abusing the wild surge "open all locks."
you can cheat to do this, although I'm not sure if it will work on this box. I don't have the ToB manual with me currently to check the Wild Surge Tables, but, say that the 'open all locks' surge is a roll of 25, then hold down the control button and press 'h' 25 times. Each time you cast a spell, it will automatically cast the wild surge spell that is listed as number 25 in the list. In order to get rid of this effect when you get what you want, just close the game, reopen it, and the spells will be back to normal. If that doesn't work (it should), just keep pressing it till it gets to 100 so that your spells are cast normally. In the message box, it will inform you which surge you are currently up to. Hope that helps [img]smile.gif[/img]

"No, I only lied about being a thief."
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2003, 02:07 AM   #5
Faceman
Hathor

Quote:
Originally posted by Devv:
isn't that just an area-version of "Knock"?? If you can't open the lock with conventional methods you need a key.
You could try to SKeep all sorts of keys into your inventory. There are not so many in SoA and I guess with a full party you can fit them all in your inventory. If this is a "forgotten chest" there may be a "forgotten key" in the program too