Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-14-2001, 06:26 PM   #211
Jerome
Knight of the Rose

Quote:
Originally posted by SSJ4Sephiroth:
heheh, actually, im absolutely positive that the second one is true, because my academic team, which im the captain of, won second at state last year (shoulda won first if it were by points... they just got lucky!)

With an IQ of 93 i'm not really the best one to lecture on intelligence, I'll take your word for it!

Umm... excuse my naiveity but what is an acidemical team? Us scots arent really into that kinda thing....

------------------
Old 09-14-2001, 06:37 PM   #212
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

Quote:
Originally posted by Jerome:
With an IQ of 93 i'm not really the best one to lecture on intelligence, I'll take your word for it!

Umm... excuse my naiveity but what is an acidemical team? Us scots arent really into that kinda thing....

not to worry, i can try to explain it to you. im not very good at explaining tho, so bear with me please...

alright, an academic team is a small group of people who go to competitions and compete in 4 rounds (2 toss-up, 2 lightning) of questions. there are only 4 allowed to play at a time, a minimum of 3, and substitutes are allowed after the first lightning round. the toss-ups consist of 20 questions each, the lightnings consist of 10. in a lightning round the questions are picked from 3 categories, and are asked in quick succession w/ a 1 minute time limit. the team with the most points at the end of the first toss-up gets to choose to either go first or wait til the next lightning round. it is the captains decision of topic and order, and answeres can only come from him. questions are worth 5 points each, with a total of 50 possible.
in toss-up rounds, 20 questions are available to both teams. anybody can answer, but each team can only answer once. there are 10 seconds on regular, and 20 on math (at HS level, both categories get 10). the questions are worth 10 each. a total of 200 is available after this round. the order of each game is 'toss-up, lightning, toss-up, lightning'. at the end of each round 500 points are available (i think the record score is about 350, set by my team in 5th grade ).
there are different levels: exhibitioin, regionals, and state, or at least those are the only ones i know of. hope this helped!

------------------
It's simple. Once the Planet is hurt, it gathers Spirit Energy to heal the injury. The amount of energy gathered depends on the size of the injury...What would happen if there was an injury that threatened the very life of the Planet? Think how much energy would be gathered! Ha, ha, ha. And at the center of that injury, wil be me. All that boundless energy will be mine. By merging with the energy of the Planet, I will be come a new life form, a new existence. Melding with the Planet, I will cease to exist as I am now. Only to be reborn as a 'God' to rule over every living soul.

Super Sephiroth, slayer of the Uber Fluffy, and battle co-ordionator and defender of the HADB clan.

Diplomacy is all and well, but HADB is better!
Old 09-14-2001, 06:40 PM   #213
Jerome
Knight of the Rose

Woah... and in Scotland we just throw big rocks at each other....

And you're the captain eh? hmm... I'm impressed!

------------------
Old 09-14-2001, 06:45 PM   #214
Ramon de Ramon y Ramon
Red Dragon

Quote:

Now, please, Jerome, be generous and have mercy with him ...

------------------
So long !

R³ - proud to be the official spokesman for the most noble Lady Bilqis, Desert Rose of Ironworks

Btw, the cow is queuing in the slaughterhouse right now !
Old 09-14-2001, 06:47 PM   #215
bilqis
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Ramon de Ramon y Ramon:

Hiya Ramon! Long time no see!

------------------

Having abandoned my
search for truth, I am
now looking for a good
fantasy.

For R³ in thanks:
Sometimes I think I
understand everything,
then I regain consciousness.
Old 09-14-2001, 06:47 PM   #216
Sir_Tainly

Quote:

bah stop ignoring me...I've come for my penguin!!!

------------------
Holy Avenger of the OHF and part time Pinguindiebjäger

Old 09-14-2001, 06:49 PM   #217
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

Quote:

yup, im the captain! (or as i call it, the High Commander). and we also throw big rocks at each other when we're bored... helps pass the time!

------------------
It's simple. Once the Planet is hurt, it gathers Spirit Energy to heal the injury. The amount of energy gathered depends on the size of the injury...What would happen if there was an injury that threatened the very life of the Planet? Think how much energy would be gathered! Ha, ha, ha. And at the center of that injury, wil be me. All that boundless energy will be mine. By merging with the energy of the Planet, I will be come a new life form, a new existence. Melding with the Planet, I will cease to exist as I am now. Only to be reborn as a 'God' to rule over every living soul.

Super Sephiroth, slayer of the Uber Fluffy, and battle co-ordionator and defender of the HADB clan.

Diplomacy is all and well, but HADB is better!
Old 09-14-2001, 07:04 PM   #218
Jerome
Knight of the Rose

Quote:

*sigh*

If i must.

------------------
Old 09-14-2001, 07:05 PM   #219
Ramon de Ramon y Ramon
Red Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by bilqis:
Hiya Ramon! Long time no see!

Wow, Bilibabe in the cafe: that must be a first !

------------------
So long !

R³ - proud to be the official spokesman for the most noble Lady Bilqis, Desert Rose of Ironworks

Btw, the cow is queuing in the slaughterhouse right now !
Old 09-14-2001, 07:08 PM   #220
bilqis
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Wow, Bilibabe in the cafe: that must be a first !

Only for you dear friend and spokesmen sirs

------------------

Having abandoned my
search for truth, I am
now looking for a good
fantasy.

For R³ in thanks:
Sometimes I think I
understand everything,
then I regain consciousness.