Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-30-2002, 05:07 PM   #11
andrewas
Harper

Me, I dont trust any of them. But theres no way audiogalaxy can prevent people exchanging non-music files if they want to. Its not as if there gonna scan each file to make sure its an MP3 and not a renamed zip containing anything you care to name.

IN any case its questionable people not programs that you should be concerned about.
Old 07-01-2002, 11:01 AM   #12
The.Relic
Red Dragon

"Highly illegal and immoral material"? Well this is news to me, I never heard of or realized that was or could be done.
Old 07-01-2002, 11:30 AM   #13
norompanlasolas

good program and without the spyware.

http://www.kazaalite.com/
Old 07-01-2002, 11:49 AM   #14
DiabloRex
Elminster

Well its not a downloading program, rather its a netradio based on p2p (same principal as kazaa, napster etc.)

http://www.chaotica.u-net.com/page/streamer.htm
Old 07-01-2002, 12:10 PM   #15
andrewas
Harper

Quote:
Originally posted by The.Relic:
"Highly illegal and immoral material"? Well this is news to me, I never heard of or realized that was or could be done.
People think these programs share music between users. In fact they share files and so can be practicaly anything.
Old 07-01-2002, 12:12 PM   #16
Grojlach
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir ReGiN:
quote:
Originally posted by Aviendha:
The moderators will not be pleased to see this thread!

Avi.
Huh? Why would they have anything against this?[/QUOTE]Quite simple really... They don't object the actual debating of programs which were closed down as they're valid news topics, but mentioning alternatives and posting links to certain alternatives is where they draw the line. I think it's somewhere in the official regulations, and I know many boards allow it, but this isn't one of them. If you're really looking for alternatives, drop me a PM.
Mind you, I don't know the official stand on this, but in the discussion about AudioGalaxy a while ago, one of the moderators pointed out that they'd rather not see any alternative p2p/mp3 download programs listed. It doesn't matter if you think that unfair or not, or what my opinion on it is, but rules are rules. [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 07-01-2002, 12:17 PM: Message edited by: Grojlach ]
Old 07-01-2002, 12:34 PM   #17
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Quoted by Memnoch: posted 06-18-2002 10:30 PM

This is obviously a divisive issue, and I'm not convinced whether it should be on this forum - I will let Ziroc make the call on it. Personally, I'm prepared to keep it open, since it is obviously a newsworthy event - so people can INTELLIGENTLY discuss the merits/pros/cons of the issue. We were able to INTELLIGENTLY discuss the Napster closure here a year ago.

But I don't want to see ANY links to alternative download sites posted here - that will get this thread locked. If people want to find an alternative to Audiogalaxy I'd rather they used other means to do it.

People who post here bragging about how much free music they've ripped off from these sites will probably be suspended. Only post here if you intend to debate this intelligently.

If Z decides to lock the thread due to content anyway, well that's out of my hands.
Link
Old 07-01-2002, 12:50 PM   #18
Rimjaw
Red Wizard of Thay

Back on topic, a few problems with Kazaa in general. One, if your looking for obscure and non-mainstream stuff (music) you are probably going to be disappointed. Two, the download times fluctuate between being horribly slow or incredibly fast (speed seems to drop violently once the download nears completion). Third, the spyware (go download Kazaalite). Kazaa also seems to use up alot of system resources, especially if you play the music/video file on Kazaa and not on another media player. Also Kazaalite seems to be crashing on my comp, although my Windows ME might have something to do with that.
Old 07-01-2002, 01:23 PM   #19
Sir ReGiN
Gold Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Larry_OHF:
quote:
Quoted by Memnoch: posted 06-18-2002 10:30 PM

This is obviously a divisive issue, and I'm not convinced whether it should be on this forum - I will let Ziroc make the call on it. Personally, I'm prepared to keep it open, since it is obviously a newsworthy event - so people can INTELLIGENTLY discuss the merits/pros/cons of the issue. We were able to INTELLIGENTLY discuss the Napster closure here a year ago.

But I don't want to see ANY links to alternative download sites posted here - that will get this thread locked. If people want to find an alternative to Audiogalaxy I'd rather they used other means to do it.

People who post here bragging about how much free music they've ripped off from these sites will probably be suspended. Only post here if you intend to debate this intelligently.

If Z decides to lock the thread due to content anyway, well that's out of my hands.
Link[/QUOTE]Ok. Well, I don't think there's any need to continue this thread. Consider it dead
Old 07-02-2002, 06:01 AM   #20
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

OK. Thanks, mate - I'm sure you can find the info you're looking for on a) Google; or b) MSN Messenger. [img]smile.gif[/img]