Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-27-2002, 10:17 PM   #1
Evergreene
The Magister

i just LOVE this new ability one of the rangers got..
i charm an animal like a big mean bear and send him on in to kill things for me. I charmed a wolf to help a tough fight. Its like having a pet! i love messing with MINDS!!
Evergreene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2002, 04:00 AM   #2
The Jabberwocky
The Magister

I like charming bunnies just to make them attack cows. (I know it's pointless, but when you get bored...) I'm not sure if there are bunnies in BG1, though... don't remember.
Old 04-28-2002, 06:41 PM   #3
Sorcerer Alex

Quote:
Originally posted by The Jabberwocky:
I like charming bunnies just to make them attack cows. (I know it's pointless, but when you get bored...) I'm not sure if there are bunnies in BG1, though... don't remember.
You're probably thinking of squirrels, my friend

And a lot of fun they are too. Especially when charmed in large numbers and sent off to fight strong enemies [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 04-29-2002, 07:01 PM   #4
Iluvatar Oakenshield
Manshoon

Charming is very good indeed, highly underestimated!!

I didn't use it much in my first 4 or 5 times through. Then I decided to play solo. And charming is very good when you are a low level fighter/thief all alone in the dark woods of the Swoard Coast. Especially when using your charmed *fill in favorite pet* as bate for offensive spellcasters (like Borda for instance)
"Wherever she dwells I will bid a farewell sigh For she dwells with beauty - beauty that must die And deep inside me I will wait for her return To her enchanting, awe-inspiring flame I'll yearn O lust and rueful thought be mine, My soul enhanced, desires... Melancholy. My heart is thine."

Schwadorf, Empyrium '97
Iluvatar Oakenshield is offline   Reply With Quote