Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-07-2001, 12:50 PM   #51
Moridin
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
It was something that I replied to in another thread that I feel like I should of kept my mouth shut and kept my opinions to myself. That is why I think that I might just lurk for a while. I might of ticked off some people.
Draconia--Never keep your mouth shut and your opinions to yourself! If different opinions were not expressed the world would be a very shallow place. I never take offense to someone with another opinion and I hope that any replies that I may have made did not offend you. Opinions are just that....not right, not wrong, but a point of view!
And like the old saying goes "Opinions are like a**holes, everyone's got one!"

------------------
Old 03-07-2001, 12:58 PM   #52
Draconia

Moridin- You did not offend me. I was just so shocked to learn that so many are against them and that I was the only female that is not against them. I agree that everyone has their own opinions. Like I had said in that thread. Everyone has their own thoughts, ideas and opinions, that is what makes us unique. Please don't think that you have offended me. No one did. It was like I said above, I was shocked and I just felt that maybe it would be easier to just keep my mouth shut and just lurk for awhile.

------------------

Draconia, Dragon Queen
Old 03-07-2001, 02:10 PM   #53
LadyRae
Symbol of Cyric

testing password...?

------------------
Old 03-07-2001, 02:26 PM   #54
LadyRae
Symbol of Cyric

Woohoo! I'm back (more bonehead password problems -Ziroc, YOU ROCK!)
Draconia! Wish you hadn't deleted your post 'cause I couldn't get back in last night to answer you!!! (Please don't hesitate to speak your mind to any of us who have responded to you here!) I know exactly how you feel being a woman alone with small children! It's very frightening and I know from what you said last night (and deleted) that your having a gun would never endanger your children (anyone who takes so much care with the other stuff is never going to be careless with something like that!) Nice to be back!

------------------
Old 03-07-2001, 02:29 PM   #55
LadyRae
Symbol of Cyric

Whoops, double posted (darn!)

------------------

[This message has been edited by LadyRae (edited 03-07-2001).]
Old 03-07-2001, 02:44 PM   #56
Draconia

Welcome Back!!!! I was wondering what happened to you last night. I deleted that post because mostly I was ranting and I decided that it was better if I just got rid of it. Then I ended up ranting later on, and I should delete that one too. But I won't. I am glad that you understand how it is with me being alone with my kids. I am the only one here that can protect them, and protect them I will. Actually, I have 6 guns. 3 pistols and 3 rifles. My favorite is a .357 pistol that my husband bought me for our anniversary. That is the only one that I take with me when we go target shooting. Is that strange? I hope not.

------------------

Draconia, Dragon Queen
Old 03-07-2001, 02:47 PM   #57
Moiraine
Anubis

Draconia, I haven't read you post since it seems that you deleted it, but don't feel bad ! You have the right to your own thinking and the right to express it, and nobody will think bad of you because you do !
Cheers, sister.
Hey, my grandfather was a military, and he had kept his gun, and when we were kids, my sister and I never knew he had one and never saw it, so everything should be fine if you are careful.

------------------
Old 03-07-2001, 02:54 PM   #58
Draconia

Moiraine- When it comes to our guns I am careful. My kids know about guns and they are careful around them. I can put an unloaded gun on the counter and not one of my kids will touch it. They might look at it but they won't touch it or pick it up. I teach my children well, especially when it comes to guns. They know and my sons are 6 yrs old and 4 yrs old. I am very proud of them for retaining everything we are teaching them about guns. They understand.

------------------

Draconia, Dragon Queen
Old 03-07-2001, 02:56 PM   #59
Draconia

Now I know that I said that I can put an unloaded gun on the counter, that doesn't mean that I do that. My guns are out of sight and out of mind. The only time our guns are brought out is when we are getting ready to go target shooting. Don't think that I leave my guns laying around the house because I don't.

------------------

Draconia, Dragon Queen
Old 03-07-2001, 03:09 PM   #60
Moridin
Fzoul Chembryl

Draconia--Please do not be offended

It is not the lack of knowledge of guns that makes them dangerous for children, it is the accessability.
When I was young (5 1/2) my parents smoked but worried about leaving matches and lighters around the house. They taught my sister and I that fire is dangerous and were very careful not to leave any matches or lighters where we could easily get them. One day, my dad was at work and my mom was out in the garden, I found a pack of matches and lit the diningroom table cloth on fire! It only burnt the table cloth but could have done much worse....my parents weren't angry with me...they had tried to teach me, but being young, curiosity got the best of me.....I know you raise your children well and try to teach them right from wrong, but kids are curious and I would hate for curiosity to turn into a 'tragedy'......like I said please do not be offended, I am just trying to relate my own 'mistake'.

------------------