Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-25-2001, 09:49 AM   #1
Ziggy
Dungeon Master

I have Installed the game in full and minium and unistalled like 10 times now and it wont work! I can go to the inn and make my char and go to the smith and buy and sell and go to church and donate bless ect. and i can go to the bar and buy hints and ale BUTI CANT GO TO CITY HALL WIZARDS PLACE GRAVEYARD OR NYMPH LAKE! when ever i ut the cursor over city hall thw wizards place or the gate to the graveyard Its isnt even something i can click on but when i click on nymph lake's gate it freezes. If anyone knows whats wrong please tell me. I am using windows XP and have 4 gigs left for space it runs in 1024X768 screen resalution and color quality is 32 bits.

------------------
Ziggy
Ziggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2001, 10:07 AM   #2
Xignal
Drizzt Do'Urden

Ziggy,

It's a problem with the AVI file for the town - it doesn't work completely with Windows 2000/XP.

The fix is to uncompress the town video file using a free utility called: Virtualdub:
Go to the following site: http://www186.pair.com/vdub/

Once you're there, download Virtualdub, install it, and then load the file "townmsk1.avi" from the "Townavi" directory in your Wizards & Warriors folder into Virtualdub. Save it with the "Save as old-format AVI" option with a new file name. You will get back a 32MB file. Close out Virtualdub and then rename the new file townmsk1.avi (over the old file). Do the same procedure to the other two town mask files.

------------------
Rick
Help, Hints & Walk-Throughs at The WWHAP
Xignal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2001, 10:33 AM   #3
adam warlock
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

glad to see that you're still around Rick

to add: BTW, welcome to the board Ziggy (named after the cartoon character?)

[This message has been edited by adam warlock (edited 08-25-2001).]
adam warlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2001, 10:59 AM   #4
Ziggy
Dungeon Master

what cartoon character?
Old 08-25-2001, 11:23 AM   #5
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Welcome to the board, Ziggy!!!

Hope you have your game running now!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2001, 11:26 AM   #6
Ziggy
Dungeon Master

I cant figure out how to do that thing you told me Xignal, think you could give a easy to understand walkthrough for me? Thanks

------------------
Ziggy
Old 08-25-2001, 12:20 PM   #7
adam warlock
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

go get a newspaper, find the comics section and you see 'Ziggy'

better yet
I'll give you the link
http://www.ucomics.com/ziggy/viewzi.htm

have fun with W&W !
adam warlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2001, 01:47 PM   #8
Xignal
Drizzt Do'Urden

Ziggy,

1) Download Virtualdub from their web site (Version 1.4.6; HTTP primary) and choose to save it to your hard drive.

2) Once the download is complete exit your browser. Use Windows Explorer to find the Virtualdub download file (VirtualDub-1_4_6.zip) and double-click on it to extract the files. This is assuming you have an Unzip program installed; if you don't have one then WinZip is a good choice. Here's a link to download it.

3) Unzip all files to a new folder called C:\Program Files\Virtualdub. Close out WinZip and use Windows Explorer to start Virtualdub by double-clicking on "Virtualdub.exe."

4) In the program choose "OK" and then "Start VirtualDub." Select "File" and "Open Video File." Navigate to your C:\Activision\Wizardswarriors\townavi folder. Select "townmsk1.avi" and the "Open" button. Select "File" again, "Save old format AVI" and type in the name "townmsk_1" and then click on "Yes" to save the 32MB file. You'll see the conversion occur.

5) Exit Virtualdub. Start up Windows Explorer and navigate to the townavi folder shown above. Click on the old "townmsk1" file and rename it to "townmsk_old" and then click on the new "townmsk_1" and rename it to "townmsk1" to complete the procedure.

6) Try playing now in Windows 2000/XP and accessing the town halll and gate. You may have to convert the other two towns also - they are "townmsk2" and "townmsk3" in the townavi folder.

Xignal
Old 08-25-2001, 03:48 PM   #9
Greystone
The Magister

I will be upgrading from Win95 to WinME very soon (along with upgrading complete computer system from P-233 --> PIII-733 ) and am wondering: will I face this same problem, or is this something specific to 2000/XP?

Thanks for the responses...

--Greystone
Greystone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2001, 04:25 PM   #10
Xignal
Drizzt Do'Urden

Greystone,

I'm currently running Me and have not had this problem. I've only seen it on Win2000 and XP installations.

Xignal