Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-04-2002, 03:20 PM   #11
MagiK

I was sad that Galadriel wasn't fleshed out more in the pic, but it didn't detract from the over all movie for me...and yes her temptation was pretty cool [img]smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-04-2002, 05:23 PM   #12
Grojlach
Zartan

quote:
Originally posted by Memnoch:
Yes there is, it's in the forum where it should be (Books, Movies and Film).

http://www.ironworksforum.com/ubb/cg...&f=11&t=000352

I hope Hayashi doesn't feel utterly stupid now about his opening statement...
Old 01-04-2002, 08:33 PM   #13
Lavindathar
Harper

I didnt like the Balrog personally, I think they cud have done better. Not made it so big, and make it look so invincable.

It reminded me of something like Power Rangers, were HUGE enemies get defeated when they shudnt.

I wud have preferred it less "dangerous" looking.
Old 01-04-2002, 11:18 PM   #14
Magness
Quintesson

As a person who has never read any of Tolkien's books, I had few expectations when I went to see it, beyond wanting to see elves that looked like elves, dwarves that were dwarven, etc. After seeing LOTR, I was rather impressed.

Aside from whether or not the actor that was cast for Elrond, was the right man for the job, I thought that the elven characters were generatlly cast well. They all seemed to be fairly slight of build with narrow faces. They seemed very "elven" to me.

I liked the one drawf that I can remember. Once again, he seemed properly drarven.

The special effects were solid. In this day and age, anything less than great SFX and a movie's done. LOTR got the job done in this category.

I thought that Ian M. was well cast for Gandalf. He came off well as a good and nice wizard, yet strong. I escpecially liked the little scene early on when he showed a flash of anger at the older hobbit ... a little "don't F*** with me!!! I'm a badass wizard!!!" routine. Loved that. Kind of reminds a person that "I might be a nice old man, but you dont' want to piss me off."

I loved seeing the elven archer Legolas (sp?) in action. I enjoyed playing an elven archer in BG2 and seeing Legolas really, really brought my image of an elven archer to life.

I really, really liked how the filmmakers really worked hard to make certain that you understood that this was an EPIC story!!! I love epic stories.

The only "downside" for me was that the ending left me a bit flat. BUT I love epic stories and I know that this is only the first part of the story. So what if there was no Death Star to blow up to bring this chapter to a clean conclusion. I'm not really complaining. In a sense, the lack of a "clear" ending only adds to the sense that this is a titanic epic!!!