Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-27-2003, 03:58 PM   #1
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Try not to fall all over yourselves thanking me for this.

www.donotcall.gov
Old 06-27-2003, 04:30 PM   #2
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

Thank you [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-27-2003, 04:36 PM   #3
Sir Taliesin
Silver Dragon

Tried it a couple of hours ago and I couldn't get in. Either it was REAL busy or it crashed. I'll say this though! We have this program in Tennessee and it works great!!! I think they are automatically going to switch us over, but I'll still register anyway! I recommend everyone should get on this Government list!!!
Old 06-27-2003, 04:43 PM   #4
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Now if they just had one to block pop-ups. I swear I was surfing using AOL at home the other night and even when not the internet was in the background I kept getting these annoying adverts: "If you don't buy our product you will be prey to annoying pop-ups like this." God, I was ready to find that company and burn its server down.
Old 06-27-2003, 04:44 PM   #5
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

I got in and signed up this morning before 7am, but when I tried to confirm I found out my data was corrupt, and I haven't been able get back in since.

3/4 of a million people have registered so far today.
Old 06-27-2003, 05:02 PM   #6
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Anyone wanna bet that someone's trying to figure out how to hack into that nice active database of valid phone numbers?

Talk about the holy grail...

My favorite ploy with them these days is to ask where their information came from. The usual "Our records show that you may be paying..." gets a "What records?" from me. I can usually string 'em along for several minutes until they get flustered enough to leave.

Making them waste valuable time puts a smile on my face...

And I'll probably sign up for this registry, too. As soon as the initial furor dies down.
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Old 06-27-2003, 06:50 PM   #7
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Quote:
Originally posted by Timber Loftis:

www.donotcall.gov
Yep, the second I saw it on CNN, I WARP 9'ed it there. [img]smile.gif[/img] I am SICK of getting all these 'recordings' they leave on my answering machine memory--wasting it.

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Old 06-27-2003, 07:03 PM   #8
Reeka
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by Ziroc:
quote:
Originally posted by Timber Loftis:

www.donotcall.gov
Yep, the second I saw it on CNN, I WARP 9'ed it there. [img]smile.gif[/img] I am SICK of getting all these 'recordings' they leave on my answering machine memory--wasting it. [/QUOTE]So that's why your answering machine is full sometimes when I call. [img]smile.gif[/img]
<b>Order of the Holy Flame</b><br /><i>Member of Clan HADB</i><br /><b>Laughing Hyena</b><br /><i>Clan Liaison, IW Peace Keeping Force</i><br /><i>[url]\"http://www.the-silver-river.com/Forum/index.php?board=29\" target=\"_blank\">The Silver River VoiceChat!</a><br />Last Saturday of every month. <br />See the forum link for scheduling!<br /><b> </b><br /></i><br /><b>Admin and Co-Owner of [url]\"http://www.the-silver-river.com\" target=\"_blank\">The Silver River</a></b><br />[url]\"http://www.the-silver-river.com\" target=\"_blank\"></a>
Old 06-27-2003, 08:09 PM   #9
Azred
Drow Priestess

Question Mark

It's so much fun to let them get all the way through their sales pitch, feign interest, then hang up. [img]graemlins/firedevil.gif[/img]

No matter how thinly you slice it, it's still bologna.
Old 06-27-2003, 08:51 PM   #10
Animal
Gold Dragon

Do you honestly believe this will stop it? I don't think so Tim!

Guess what? That new piece of software you just registered, well had you taken the time to read the fine print you would have discovered that they hold every right to sell your personal information to whomever they want to. That's right, you just took yourself off of one database, but now you're on another. [img]smile.gif[/img]