Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-29-2004, 06:01 AM   #1
uss
20th Level Warrior

I felt the inner upper corner of my right eye twitch last night! Just a few moments ago, it started twitching again!

It's over now, but it might come back. I just want to know: What the hell does it mean? What's causing it? How to prevent it?

I just came from a 2 week trip yesterday, so I hadn't used the comp or watched any TV since then and I don't think I watched screens for too long yesterday and today, so I don't think it's because of too much computer and TV. But I don't know much anyway..

Hoping for a fast answer.

Thank you in advance!
Old 07-29-2004, 06:07 AM   #2
Jorath Calar
Harper

Not sure why it happens, but I know it is perfectly safe and okey, no worries mate... [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-29-2004, 06:09 AM   #3
uss
20th Level Warrior

This site names the 3 most common types of eye twitching. My twiching seems to be the first one mentioned. Quoting the site:

"Eyelid Twitch.
The cause of minor eyelid twitching is unknown. A slight spasm of the lower eyelid or even both eyelids is common and of no concern."

Remember that it's just the inner upper corner of my right eye that kept twitching.

*Sigh* I just want someone's opinion on this.

EDIT: Thanks for keeping my hopes up, Jonath. [img]smile.gif[/img] I'm just worried that it happened again today.

[ 07-29-2004, 06:12 AM: Message edited by: uss ]
Old 07-29-2004, 06:25 AM   #4
The Hierophant
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Happens to me quite often too, usually when I'm tired or under physical or psychological stress. That could be it. Fun as most holidays are, travelling still tends to put a fair degree of stress on your body, especially if you are going through different timezones.

For me, the spasms go away after a good night's sleep. No worries. You'll be fine dude. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
Old 07-29-2004, 06:43 AM   #5
RoSs_bg2_rox
Zartan

It happens to a couple of my mates quite often too. It is nothing to worry about! I think one of the main causes, as Heirophant mentioned, is lack of sleep/sleep deprivation. Just follow his advice and you'l be fine!
Old 07-29-2004, 07:16 AM   #6
Lady Blue03
Xanathar Thieves Guild

I think eye twitches feels cool Not that I go out of my way to make them twitch that is.
Old 07-29-2004, 08:24 AM   #7
RevRuby
Fzoul Chembryl

i hate it when my legs twitch. and not that "i just hiked a long distance and sat down" twitch either. the one where i'm laying in bed and my leg just won't stop! grrr....

i get eye twitches too. oh well.
Old 07-29-2004, 08:27 AM   #8
Lady Sedai
Banned User

Well now, eye twitches are usually due to the stress or lack of sleep explanations.

The leg twitches can be many things including lack of Potassium. Smokers suffer from leg twitches (I know this personally) as well as other things which could be depriving you of Potassium.

You can try a vitamin supplement or eat bananas and/or spinach to see if that helps, Ruby. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-29-2004, 09:16 AM   #9
WillowIX
Apophis

Well such short spasms can occur in almost every part of your body.

Ruby, I'd say 40-50% of the world's population has twitching legs when lying down to sleep. There have been some tries to explain it however the were fairly simplistic. Heck, it's nothing to worry about.
Old 07-29-2004, 10:16 AM   #10
Arvon
Unicorn

I went to an eye doc a couple of years ago. He told me Botox would work.

53.7% of all statistics are made up