Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-09-2002, 07:04 PM   #1
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

ok, my father is on a business trip to New York, so I am to meet him there. any recommandation on the route I take?

I am flying on South West, which goes only to Albany, Buffalo and Long Island. It doesnt stop at JFK airport. I plan to fly to Albany and take grey hound from there to New York. It should be fine, except I have a friend live in New Jersy who might be able to drive if I land close to her.

Which one of those city is the most accessible to New Jersy? any idea? anyone? please help me! [img]smile.gif[/img]

and if any one of you is down in NY, I'd love to meet!
Old 06-09-2002, 07:11 PM   #2
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
Originally posted by 250:
ok, my father is on a business trip to New York, so I am to meet him there. any recommandation on the route I take?

I am flying on South West, which goes only to Albany, Buffalo and Long Island. It doesnt stop at JFK airport. I plan to fly to Albany and take grey hound from there to New York. It should be fine, except I have a friend live in New Jersy who might be able to drive if I land close to her.

Which one of those city is the most accessible to New Jersy? any idea? anyone? please help me! [img]smile.gif[/img]

and if any one of you is down in NY, I'd love to meet!
Long Island is close to New Jersey. Which airport in Long Island? Islip? La Guardia?

I'm in NYC, so we should grab of coffee in Manhattan. Email me Leo - at my hotmail address.

http://www.hughwilson.com
Old 06-09-2002, 07:34 PM   #3
The Hunter of Jahanna
Emerald Dragon

Yorick is correct. The closest airport to Jersy is in Long island. Buffalo is like an 8 hour drive from NYC , so it realy isnt a good option. Albany , while being considerably closer than buffalo is still a little over 3 hours away. Depending on how old you are and what you want to do , I might be able to play tour guide in some of the more eclectic parts of town.
Old 06-09-2002, 09:17 PM   #4
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

quick, a plan change.

whats the closest city from above to Jamaica, because I am going there to pick up my father. Long Island? Buffalo?
Old 06-09-2002, 09:19 PM   #5
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

nevermind, I am going to Buffalo, then greyhound to New York City, then take taxi to JFK airport. doh, hope I will be on time
Old 06-09-2002, 09:19 PM   #6
The Hunter of Jahanna
Emerald Dragon

jamaica the island or Jamaica , Queens? If its the Queens one then Long island is still the closest.
Old 06-09-2002, 09:27 PM   #7
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

nevermind, I am going to Long Island, then take taxi to JFK airport. doh, hope I will be on time. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-09-2002, 09:29 PM   #8
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

and thanks Hunter, is JFK airport near Long Island? I hope...

anyways, Yorick, lets meet, I dont know where, but I can check email and Ironworks. which part of NY are you at? [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-10-2002, 05:01 AM   #9
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Leo, you really should check a map.

There are three airports on Long Island. Islip, La Guardia and JFK. Islip is out to the east. LG is in North Queens near the Bronx, and JFK is in South Queens near Brooklyn.

New Jersey has a major airport at Newark that services New York City as well.

Jersey and NYC would be considered the one city anywhere else in the world... but not here.

Anyhow, Buffallo is ages away, as is Albany. New York State is quite large. You're looking at a very long coach ride from either of those two cities.

http://encarta.msn.com/find/MediaMax...&idx=461538920

There is a simple map to get you going.

New York City consists of five boroughs.
Manhattan, Bronx, Staten Island, and the two Long Island boroughs Brooklyn and Queens. (Kings County and Queens County)

But Jersey City is just across the Hudson River and is closer to Manhattan that Staten Island.

Old 06-10-2002, 05:02 AM   #10
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
Originally posted by 250:
and thanks Hunter, is JFK airport near Long Island? I hope...

anyways, Yorick, lets meet, I dont know where, but I can check email and Ironworks. which part of NY are you at? [img]smile.gif[/img]
Most of my time is divided between Manhattan and Long Island.