Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2000, 05:57 PM   #1
Zenith
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Ok, so I've gotten to the final battle with Irenicus. How does he die? I fought everything until I had just the man standing in front of me. The cursor says he's near death and here we are wailing on him, doing damage left and right, casting magics at him, lowering resistence, piercing magic, etc. I tried normal weapons, magical weapons, the slayer. Hell, I even tried to heal the bastard! THE DUDE WON'T DIE!! Any help or suggestions are welcome, PLEASE!
Old 11-09-2000, 06:50 PM   #2
Valcore
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Your not doing anything wrong, you just have too out last him. Make sure to use every defensive spell, Chant, bless,aid etc... use all your potions,once he's dead game over no need to hold on to them. A great spell you may have forgot, is Draw Upon Holymight. If you do even greater damage, the faster he'll die. Also don't forget your haste.. Well good luck,just keep hacking he will die.
Old 11-09-2000, 11:52 PM   #3
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Depends on where you are. It might not be the final battle. If you are in Suldanessellar, fighting him at the tree of life then he will *die* and drag you down to hell with him. If this doesn't happen you could have a bug.
Old 11-10-2000, 12:57 AM   #4
Armisael

Yes, or perhaps you forgot to kill all the parasites before you faced him.

Old 12-24-2000, 03:31 AM   #5
Brockstar

If you are indeed at the final battle,I have same problem. This is some kind of bug, it's happend to a lot of people, so far I have no answer but this guy just stands there with his bloody arms crossed while you hack at him (for eternity) and he doesn't die and he doesn't attack you either. This is very strange bug and it's pissing me off,
I hope someone finds a solution soon, I JUST WANT TO FINISH THE GAME, Is that TOO MUCH to ask?

Old 12-24-2000, 05:24 AM   #6
Tobbin
Red Dragon

Kick in the kill code and you can be done with him. If the game is buggy and you can't find a way out, then find a way in.
Old 12-24-2000, 10:31 AM   #7
Zenith
Elite Waterdeep Guard

i figured the answer out a while ago, people. You've got the biggest clue in the elven city! the 'storekeep' only sells regular missle weapons! Answer? Irenicus can only be killed by non-magical weapons! He can be brought down to near death but the final killing blows must be non-magical.
Old 12-24-2000, 11:47 AM   #8
_max_RUSSKIE

Zenith are you ok? Thats quite a strategy....

Its almost as good as Field Marshal Haig's famous last words during ww1 : "The machine gun is a much overrated weapon"

Or his brilliant plan to catch the germans anawares... "We attack, like we have the past 18 times. The germans will never think we are stupid enough to do that plan again, and we will catch them at thier most vulnerable"

Cleared anything up? Im am NOT giving up my celestial fury for some lice infested long sword!!!

Old 12-24-2000, 02:53 PM   #9
Zenith
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Russkie, i'm quite fine, thanks. brush up on your reading skills. i never said to give up your celestial fury. hack away at him all you want with magical weapons until he's near death. when he's standing there, not attacking and not dying and near death, bring out non-magical weapons (preferably missile) and make your KILLING blow with those. It has worked for me every time....(and that's 5 different times, 4 different characters)
Old 12-25-2000, 02:41 AM   #10
_max_RUSSKIE

Hey i wasnt flaming you! So you shouldnt do the same to me!

The only time when it is worth killing him with normal weapons is when he has Absolute Immunity active i.e. immune to +5 weapons.

But i usually dispell the magic and hack him to peices before so no need of normal weapons.