Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-11-2002, 06:47 AM   #1
Jellyfish
Dungeon Master

Somebody told me that faerie is a good race for ninja.But why?
Old 03-11-2002, 06:51 AM   #2
Gimli
Emerald Dragon

Main reason is a weapon in the game that can be found that only a faerie ninja can use called the Cane of Corpus.
Old 03-11-2002, 06:59 AM   #3
Jellyfish
Dungeon Master

I see.Where can i get this weapon?It seems very good.How good?
One more question.How can I open a door in the Mt. Gigas Caves?(one pressure plate near it)
Old 03-11-2002, 07:58 AM   #4
u_u
Elite Waterdeep Guard

You can get the Cane of Corpus from the Don (head Ratkin guy in trynton) by either pickpocketing it off of him or killing him.

The Stats of the cane are,
Paralyze 50%, Poison 100% (STR 10),
Kill 15%, 50% Resistance vs. Divine
To hit +4, Initiative +5, Damage 12-42
Old 03-11-2002, 08:42 AM   #5
Jem
Zhentarim Guard

quote:
Originally posted by Jellyfish:
One more question.How can I open a door in the Mt. Gigas Caves?(one pressure plate near it)

Drop something on the pressure plate to hold it down. Your extra ammo works well.
Old 03-11-2002, 08:42 AM   #6
Ziggurat
Symbol of Cyric

Don't kill the Don until he has a certain quest item. That means not until at least the second time you see him. You will know when it's OK to go see him again. My Faerie Ninja was only an OK fighter until she got the Cane. Now she's devastating. I worked on speed first, some vitality, dex and strength. Also, she now has real critical hit ability not just from thrown criticals. Not sure when it started improving. Maybe it came from using the Cane with its 15% kill. She had been using the faerie stick and later numchaka. Now it is one of her stats that rise quickly. She does crit kills in every battle, sometimes two or three of them.

[ 03-11-2002: Message edited by: Ziggurat ]

[ 03-11-2002: Message edited by: Ziggurat ]

Old 03-11-2002, 11:31 AM   #7
sloucho
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Other info. that might be helpful to you concerning the cane follows:

1) It's cursed, so you won't be switching between the CoC and, say, the great bow (which is usable by faerie ninjas).

The curse isn't much of a problem, since ninjas have magic for ranged attack, but just so's ya know.

2) It's a primary 1-handed weapon that relies on the staff/wand skill, so you can use it in conjunction lots of other wands that qualify as primary or secondary weapon. Just be sure to build up the staff/wand skill for your ninja.

3) Its range is short, so bear in mind that you'll have to close with enemies or cast a spell if you want your FN to participate in combat.
sloucho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2002, 12:00 PM   #8
Pyrates
Drow Warrior

And you can kill the Don whenever you want, he will always drop the game-critical item you're supposed to get from him (I killed him the first time I met him). Just for your convenience [img]smile.gif[/img]

Never forget your towel, cheers
Philipp
Old 03-11-2002, 12:25 PM   #9
Gimli
Emerald Dragon

Well also note the main benefits of the ninja class are with thrown weapons, not with a bow or with a cane in melee. They get auto-penetration and critical hits with thrown weapons. If you have a faerie ninja with the CoC, since it's a cursed/unremovable item, you will be limited to melee combat with the CoC and magic for ranged. Still will be a very effective character but it's giving up all the special thrown weapon benefits of the class. Although I guess in the off hand you could equip some throwing weapons, have heard someone mention they did

Really though choose whatever race/style you'll have the most fun roleplaying, my own ninja is a human who dual throws and dual wields nunchuka. He's going to be a late-bloomer because there are so many skills he has to develop but I'm enjoying him quite a bit [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-11-2002, 02:34 PM   #10
Raistilyn
Elite Waterdeep Guard

So if he's in front line dueling a CoC and a throwin star he'll hit then throw correct? And if hes in non melee range, hell just use one star correct? Does this work efficiently or ???I also have been debating the use of farie ninja. Kinda a waste to not use his proffess skills, is it worth it??