Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Dungeon Craft - RPG Game Maker
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-23-2005, 11:07 PM   #1
Funky Dynamite
Zhentarim Guard

Sunglass Man

Hi everybody....whew, glad I was approved....Anyway....
Hi, allow me to introduce myself, you can call me Funky Dynamite, or just Funky for short. I've been roleplaying for over 23 years now, I started when I was 7. D&D was the first RPG I cut my teeth on. And I DM(GM)ed for a number of years, and still am, and have been now for over 10 years now. But due to my own projects, I got out of D&D in the late 90's. I had a mountain of D&D stuff, mostly Ravenloft. When Wizards of the Coast bought the rights to D&D I thought it would be ruined, to my surprise it wasn't. Mind you, from what I've seen, the new system still needs work but it's a decent system. And when they brought Baldur's Gate to the Playstation 2, my interest in D&D really got resparked. The second Baldur's Gate on the PS2 was by far my favorite simply because you could make your own equipment (and the Monk character selectable from the get go). This is where my story starts....
When playing Balder's Gate Dark Alliance II one day, I got an urge, an urge I'm sure all you have experienced one or twice. An old character was being reborn and he wanted to be played. He not only wanted to be played in roleplay, but he wanted to be played on Unlimited Adventures. I had this gem of a program on a OLD Mac GS II. (And believe it or not, the thing still works, but the monitor is messed up. So I can't just hook up my Mac again and play UA. I wish I could....) I loved UA, in fact I took an editor and went into the program itself and changed some of the weapons and items to suit my personal tastes more. I loved the premade adventure and played it constantly. So, I used the only tool at my disposal: The net. I did a search on UA, hoping to the gods of the realms i could find somewhere I could download the program (and the program could run on my computer). No luck. I learned of the boxed set that the company released later. No luck there. I searched all the online shops I know (which is one), and they were out of stock. Then I learned of Dungeon Craft, hoping it would be the same as UA, I quickly downloaded the program. My expectations ended up being a bit mixed, they weren't dashed against the rocks, but they weren't met. I figured I needed to as some questions to some people who actually knew the program. And that's why I'm here....
Firstly, I was looking at the item creation aspect of the program (which made me VERY happy) but I want to create a Belt of Giant Strength or something similar. Everything I've tried has failed. How do I do it?
Secondly I tried making a character, and then modify the character's stats. But I could not get the stats I wanted.... What am I doing wrong?
Lastly, how do I import new character icons and face pictures? All I seem to have is two icons/pictures for women characters. They're nice, but I want to make a male character.
Thank you for hearing me out, and for any help I might receive, and I apologize for the length of this post. I'll see you all later....
Old 07-25-2005, 02:07 AM   #2
manikus
Jack Burton

Welcome to the wonderful world of Dungeon Craft.
I'll try to answer your questions...
Firstly: On the item creation page, there is a button marked "Magical Properties", then in the new window select "Special Abilities". There are a list of special abilities to choose from. At this time, strength is not one of the abilities to choose. CocoaSpud has it on his list of things to add. There is a way to do it now, but it would require the PC to 'use' the item to gain the benefits...
Secondly: I assume you are talking about PC's. CocoaSpud (DC's creator) does not have a system in place to allow for maxing of PC's stats. To add to one, you must first subtract from another. But there is a little program written by Tarlanon that can do it for you. [img]smile.gif[/img] It's available at http://home.earthlink.net/~tarlanon/...dccharedit.zip
Lastly: To add icons and portraits for PC's, just add the files to the design directory and make sure they follow the naming conventions of- cn_icon#, where # is a number 1 through 50; and prt_spic# where # is again a number 1 through 50 (for icons and portraits respectively).
For links to sites with lots of icons and portraits, look in my signature. The second site has 50 ready to go PC icons.
-manikus
Old 07-25-2005, 02:58 AM   #3
Funky Dynamite
Zhentarim Guard

Thanks,
Hmm, ok, I'll keep checking on updates. Glad somebody is still working on the program, gives me a warm fuzzy feeling. Yeah, I did check the "Special Abilities." And care to explain the "use item" thing? Game maker's curiousity....
Yeah, hopefully that proggie will work, I'm not interesting in maxing stats out, but it'd be nice to get the ones I want....
Old 07-25-2005, 04:05 AM   #4
Funky Dynamite
Zhentarim Guard

Does anybody know the the Height and Width of protraits....?
Old 07-25-2005, 01:01 PM   #5
manikus
Jack Burton

The 'use item' effect is an option in combat. In other words, it's not a constant effect, but would be like a wand or scroll.

What resolution are you using? Portrait size for 640x480 is 176x211. For 1024x768 the portrait size is 352x433. (I never use 800x600, so I don't know the portrait size off the top of my head.)

-manikus
Old 07-26-2005, 02:30 AM   #6
Funky Dynamite
Zhentarim Guard

Thanks,
Yeah, I found that on the templates....
For future reference I use 640x480....