Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-31-2006, 03:45 AM   #1
Babyseal
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Looking for a new challenge im planning to go through SOA and TOB with an evil party of six.

1. Half elf skald
2. Half ork barbarian
3. Halfling assasin
4. Korgan
5. Edwin
6. Viconia

I try to keep my reputation around 8-10 so to not anoy the evil NPC´s.
My main question is: How do the evil NPC´s work together and how they interact with the world . I never played with Korgan, Edwin or Vici. Are there important things to keep in mind? Are there some funny roleplaying tips for an evil party?

Kind regards
Babyseal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 06:30 AM   #2
Detherin
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Wish I could help, but I've never played an Evil team, I've only solo'd. Looking at the setup, it seems pretty strong. Decent enough arcane power, a barbarian tank - not to mention Korgan.

Instead of monitoring yor reputation, you could consider installing the virtue mod? I think that would be quite fun. So you can have a reputation of 20, but a virtue of 1. This way, your team is happy - you get store discount, too - and everybody sees you as a hero. Kind of fun to role play too, being a corrupt hero .

Just a suggestion ^_^, hope you enjoy the team.
Detherin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 02:36 PM   #3
cris
Elite Waterdeep Guard

somewhere there is a mod which gives a discount at low rep as well as high. The storkeep reasons that if he doesn't give you a reasonable price you'll kill him. With the aid of this mod an evil party becomes a lot easier. You should consider getting that

using this, i am currently terrorising athkatla with my evil party of:
J'hra Ssasket: Elven mage/thief
Korgan
Viconia
Edwin
Ha'er Dalis

Jan was going to join but he annoyed me so much i killed him....

[ 03-31-2006, 02:39 PM: Message edited by: cris ]
cris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 01:55 AM   #4
shadowhound
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

If I remember correctly you shouldnt have any major problems concerning interactions. Gotta love playing evil
Old 04-01-2006, 02:35 AM   #5
True_Moose
Gold Dragon

I would advise bringing along the ToB NPC for maximum evilness. Replace the multiplayer barb with him. Furthermore, I will do what I always do: recommend a blade over a skald. While the skald may be more useful at first, the blade has two major advantages:

1) His song disadvantage is eliminated by ToB HLAs.

2) He levels up really fast, so has high caster level, and thus has really long lasting combat buffs. Combine that with the ability to throw out skull traps, fireballs, etc, well you get the idea. Also can get proficiencies in all weapons and use everything.

Also, I could be wrong, but I was under the impression the skald's bonuses were not correctly implemented, but they were fixed with the Song & Silence mod.
True_Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 04:46 AM   #6
Madman-Rogovich
Lord Soth

Quote:
Originally posted by cris:

Jan was going to join but he annoyed me so much i killed him....
Lol, such a familiar line.
Old 04-06-2006, 12:19 PM   #7
cris
Elite Waterdeep Guard

backstab, huge damage, a little voice saying 'don't forget to raise me!'
extremly satisfying.
cris is offline   Reply With Quote