Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-13-2003, 10:25 AM   #1
MidNightForce
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Im in Firkrags Dungeon right now, where i encountered some of these damn beasts. They have such an insane regeneration rate, that i only manage to bring them down to injured before they regain full health back. I cant remember having troubles with them before maybe now because im playing on hard and only with jaheira (lv13/13, staff of arundel) and my swashbuckler (lv21, daystar+fury). I can only kill one of them at time with improved haste from ring of gaxx on jaheira and critical hits of 40-50, or with 4-5 traps from my swashbuckler. But i dont want to rest everytime we meet a greater wolfwere and im doomed if some of them surprise me without preparations. Any better strategies would be appreciated.
MidNightForce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2003, 10:34 AM   #2
Link
Jack Burton

Yeah, those Greater Wolfweres have an insane regeneration ability, you said it yourself. The trick is to deal a lot of damage as fast as possible. Try summoning some strong creatures (Fire Elementals) to aid you in your melee bashing quest.

Goal: Beijing 2008
Link is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2003, 10:41 AM   #3
Annatar
Mephistopheles

If Jaheira has Blade Barrier... that might come in handy because it deals out a LOT of damage... (note: don't get you swashie anywhere near that thing though )

or follow Link with the summoning of Fire Elementals (they can be a real life saver, immuum vs lots of things and do a good amount of damage)

try giving you and jaheira some boost ups with spells jaheira knows (chant, defense harmony ect.)

[ 02-13-2003, 10:42 AM: Message edited by: Annatar ]
Old 02-13-2003, 11:15 AM   #4
Alson
Galvatron

Use Fury. Stunned creatures can't regenerate.
In memory of Ilan Ramon - the first Israeli astronaut.<br /><br /><br />[url]\"http://members.chello.nl/~j.vanthull/BG2SR/Home.htm\" target=\"_blank\">BGII Spells Reference</a> - everything you ever wanted to know about spells!
Alson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2003, 11:41 AM   #5
Rataxes
Symbol of Cyric

Easiest solution is to just Haste your party and surround the bastard. Never had any troubles with them using this brutally simple method [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-13-2003, 12:00 PM   #6
Jim
Quintesson

Quote:
Originally posted by Alson:
Use Fury. Stunned creatures can't regenerate.
Or Ages.....slowed creatures regen at half their maximum rate, and this is cumulative AFAIK (so you could effectively stop their regen completely with enough hits).

There is a bug concerning these GWW in Windspear however. They do regenerate, but not *that* fast. I've tackled them before, and they were regenerating ALL their HP after EACH strike of my character (which was dishing out well of 30 damage and attacking 3.5 times per round) - this was not normal GWW regen, and I think Baldurdash has a fix somewhere.
Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2003, 01:21 PM   #7
Annatar
Mephistopheles

Quote:
Originally posted by Rataxes:
Easiest solution is to just Haste your party and surround the bastard. Never had any troubles with them using this brutally simple method [img]smile.gif[/img]
Using the spell slow is out of the question I think.. becuase he has a level 21 swashbuckler and Jaheira (fighter/druid), so slow isn't a option... (due to the lack of a mage/sorc.)

I think go with the Celestial fury (stun) what alson said or otherwise use the flail of ages to slow them (Jim) if you have it.
Old 02-13-2003, 01:50 PM   #8
MidNightForce
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thx for the input.
I managed to kill them without resting or summoning,
just locked one by one to me and then waited for critical hits;
stuning them didnt make a difference to their regeneration. I have latest patch +baldurdash patch, though i think, they are not supposed to have such an insane regeneration, like jim mentioned before, maybe its a little bug.
Btw the fight vs firkrag was easier compared to the 4 greater wolfweres [img]smile.gif[/img]
MidNightForce is offline   Reply With Quote