Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-11-2002, 10:25 AM   #1
Donut
Jack Burton

Any suggestions for an IW member to be put forward?

FROM ANANOVA

Search for Spam fan

A nationwide search has been launched for the biggest fan of canned meat Spam.

The current title holder, 19-year-old student Andy McLindon, won after admitting to eating the chopped ham and pork product for almost every meal.

The contest is part of National Spam Appreciation Week to mark 61 years since it was introduced into the UK.

Spam first came to this country in March 1941 when the US Congress allowed its export to the Allied Forces during the Second World War.

Its makers claim Spam has enjoyed a "renaissance" in recent years with encouraging sales.

Andy McLindon, originally from Liverpool and now studying at Leeds University, is hoping to retain his title, which he won at last years Spammies - a ceremony for Spam devotees held in central London.

He said: "I just love the taste of Spam. It's so versatile, so you can cook it up in a stir fry, use it as a pizza topping or best of all just stick a fork into an open can and - hey presto - a Spam lolly."

His devotion to the product, it seems, is not alone, with a quarterly newsletter dedicated to Spam, website and fan club with 2,000 members.

Along with the contest there will also be a special Spammobile touring universities throughout the country and a prize for the Spam Chippie of the Year.
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show
Old 03-11-2002, 11:08 AM   #2
Redblueflare
Galvatron

Lol, that's iteresting...

The dragon tamer lives on...

[ 03-11-2002: Message edited by: Redblueflare ]

Old 03-11-2002, 11:12 AM   #3
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

DONUT! I vote for Donut! [img]smile.gif[/img]

[img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img] Actually I think Neb loves spam! Or was that Kaz? No, I'm sure it was Lord Shield...uh.. maybe it's Epona?

dang, go with my first ballot
Old 03-11-2002, 11:16 AM   #4
Donut
Jack Burton

quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:

DONUT! I vote for Donut! [img]smile.gif[/img]

[img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img] Actually I think Neb loves spam! Or was that Kaz? No, I'm sure it was Lord Shield...uh.. maybe it's Epona?

dang, go with my first ballot

Don't start with me Cloudbringer - I'm still seething from finding out that it was you bloody Americans who introduced it to the UK.

[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show
Old 03-11-2002, 01:25 PM   #5
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

[img]graemlins/crying.gif[/img] Oh Donut, I'm crushed! How could you say that....oh.. yes, we did, didn't we...well uh, I personally prefer a good hamburger... [img]graemlins/angel.gif[/img]
Old 03-11-2002, 01:27 PM   #6
Kaz
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:

I've never even TRIED spam (don't have it here I think) so don't try to weasel out of this! [img]graemlins/nono.gif[/img] I VOTE FOR CLOUDY!
Old 03-11-2002, 01:36 PM   #7
Neb
Account deleted by Request

I vote for.... Me! [img]tongue.gif[/img] None shall stand in the way of me assuming my rightful place as the Spam Chippie of the Year! [img]tongue.gif[/img] It's great on toast [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Heh, just kidding, I could never love Spam more than Cloudy [img]tongue.gif[/img] My vote goes to her [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 03-11-2002, 04:09 PM   #8
Beaumanoir
Iron Throne Cult

quote:
Originally posted by Kaz:

I've never even TRIED spam (don't have it here I think) so don't try to weasel out of this! [img]graemlins/nono.gif[/img] I VOTE FOR CLOUDY!

Lucky You... Do Not Try Spam... You'll Regret It... [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-11-2002, 06:31 PM   #9
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

quote:
Originally posted by Neb:
I vote for.... Me! [img]tongue.gif[/img] None shall stand in the way of me assuming my rightful place as the Spam Chippie of the Year! [img]tongue.gif[/img] It's great on toast [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Heh, just kidding, I could never love Spam more than Cloudy [img]tongue.gif[/img] My vote goes to her [img]tongue.gif[/img]

***"American Pie" style***

Go Neblette, it's your Spamday!
Old 03-11-2002, 06:37 PM   #10
Galadria
20th Level Warrior

Nebbers, when I think of spam (which is infrequently) I always think of you, so here's my vote.
Lady Galadria,Goddess\' Equal of the O.R.T.; [img]\"http://havak.db-forge.com/portraits/bitmaps/wlf180L.bmp\" alt=\" - \" /><br />\"Romance at short notice was her specialty.\" - Saki <br />Founder of the IW Branch of the Anti-Anomen Society