Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-02-2005, 01:39 AM   #1
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

Currently the ftp for it isn't available yet so one have to log into bnet to download the patch.

hmm...wondering whether people still play this game. it is an old game already.
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 09:38 AM   #2
Assassin
Symbol of Cyric

So is PS:T, BG1 + 2, the Fallout series, and a host of other good games that I could mention right now. When a game's really good in the eyes of a few, they'll keep on playing it. I think that Diablo 2 gets a lot of rap because it's more of an fantasy shooter than anything else. Despite that, I still have some fun digging it out every six months or so.

However, the single best thing about the patch is...

Quote:
Items with skill-charging effects will no longer give synergy bonuses to skills when equipped on a character without those skills.
Take that, bonemancers depending on marrowalks!
In The Terminator, Sarah Connor is told a speech by John Connor\'s father that John has given in the future. When John is born, Sarah tells John this speech, and John grows up to tell it in the future. So who wrote the speech?!
Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 11:08 PM   #3
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

Heh! My bonemancer is one of them

Don't see much changes is this patch. Only the uber quest. Getting tired of keys keys keys.

edit ; good news for single players. FE bug has been fixed.

[ 08-03-2005, 11:10 PM: Message edited by: Kakero ]
Old 08-29-2005, 12:22 AM   #4
Hayashi
Silver Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Kakero:
Heh! My bonemancer is one of them

Don't see much changes is this patch. Only the uber quest. Getting tired of keys keys keys.

edit ; good news for single players. FE bug has been fixed.
FE bug? What's that?
Old 08-29-2005, 05:18 AM   #5
Betelgeuse
Zhentarim Guard

can't think of what fe could be. i'm only a single (offline) player so i guess its for me [img]tongue.gif[/img]
in other news, i'm sure they added extra hotkeys in something. used to be able set things to 5-= in addition to f1-f8. can't now. don't know why. help?
Old 08-29-2005, 08:58 AM   #6
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

FE = Fire enchanted. There's a bug in single player that when a FE monster hit you. You'll die immediately.

Betelgeuse, have you tried pressing escape during game time and click on the keyboard control setting ( I think ) ?
Old 08-30-2005, 12:40 AM   #7
Betelgeuse
Zhentarim Guard

ah there we go. options - configure controls. skill 9-16 were set to 'none'. all fixed now.
as for that bug, i've never encountered it and i've played through the game with each of the classes twice (and a bit)
Old 08-30-2005, 05:06 PM   #8
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

In patch 1.10. You'll encounter the bug in nightmare and hell mode.
Old 08-30-2005, 09:56 PM   #9
Assassin
Symbol of Cyric

[img]redface.gif[/img] I'm surprised you got a singleplayer Sorc through Hell Ancients. May I ask how you did it? One of them will almost always be immune to your strongest element, and if you're a tri-sorc, you won't have enough firepower.
In The Terminator, Sarah Connor is told a speech by John Connor\'s father that John has given in the future. When John is born, Sarah tells John this speech, and John grows up to tell it in the future. So who wrote the speech?!
Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 01:47 AM   #10
Betelgeuse
Zhentarim Guard

actually that's as far as i've gotten with most of the characters.. or was it merely on nightmare? i've tried many times to beat the ancients with different characters with no success. i'm quite getting the hang of normal difficulty normal difficulty now. not enough to play a hardcore character though. duriel still kicks my arse every time. only the 2nd boss but in my opinion, the hardest.