Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-04-2002, 08:47 AM   #51
ʆë®Ñï†Ý
Zhentarim Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by Donut:
Just remember ʆë®Ñï†Ý - three into two won't go.
Actually, it's four but I see what you mean. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Dizzy? [img]graemlins/1ponder.gif[/img] why would anyone be dizzy?
Old 09-04-2002, 08:51 AM   #52
Vampire

Quote:
Originally posted by ʆë®Ñï†Ý:
quote:
Originally posted by Donut:
Just remember ʆë®Ñï†Ý - three into two won't go.
Actually, it's four but I see what you mean. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Dizzy? [img]graemlins/1ponder.gif[/img] why would anyone be dizzy?
[/QUOTE]All those: "if one is liking another one who likes the best friend of this one and that causes problem with that one...."
Old 09-04-2002, 08:56 AM   #53
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Lady Galadria says hi, Eternity. Hmm, what I'm getting here is that whatever one does, someone else (maybe two?) Will get hurt. Well, in that situation, since it is by definition a zero-sum game, I would do what I really wanted to do. Unless the hurts aren't commensurrate, like, losing a boyfriend vs. breaking up a marriage with kids involved.
Old 09-04-2002, 02:39 PM   #54
ʆë®Ñï†Ý
Zhentarim Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by Attalus:
Lady Galadria says hi, Eternity. Hmm, what I'm getting here is that whatever one does, someone else (maybe two?) Will get hurt. Well, in that situation, since it is by definition a zero-sum game, I would do what I really wanted to do. Unless the hurts aren't commensurrate, like, losing a boyfriend vs. breaking up a marriage with kids involved.
Yes! [img]smile.gif[/img] You are totally right [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] I wish I'd had this discussion with you earlier [img]smile.gif[/img] thankiees babe [img]graemlins/kiss.gif[/img]
Old 09-04-2002, 02:41 PM   #55
ʆë®Ñï†Ý
Zhentarim Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by Avatar:
All those: "if one is liking another one who likes the best friend of this one and that causes problem with that one...."
eh? [img]graemlins/1ponder.gif[/img] what are you talking about? Who's best friend?
Old 09-04-2002, 02:51 PM   #56
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Quote:
Originally posted by ʆë®Ñï†Ý:
Yes! [img]smile.gif[/img] You are totally right [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] I wish I'd had this discussion with you earlier [img]smile.gif[/img] thankiees babe [img]graemlins/kiss.gif[/img]
LOL, any time, kiddo. E-mail me any time, ol' Doctor Attalus has plenty of advice, free and darn well worth it.
Old 09-04-2002, 08:17 PM   #57
Tancred
White Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Lifetime:
quote:
Originally posted by Tancred:
I've lost sleep for the past six years over one girl, and I still do. In all honesty, though, I wouldn't be good for her. Besides, her actual boyfrend is a nice chap, and I bear no ill will toward him. Jealousy, perhaps, but no ill will. If he EVER steps out of line he's a dead man.
All's fair in love and war dude. Looks like you DO bear him ill will whatever you said, otherwise you'd be more forgiving of his shortcomings. If you've been losing sleep over someone for 6 years its obvious its serious enough to do something about it. Why burn all that energy and heartache yearning for someone for THAT long? Just go there and may the best man win! Or if that issint your style, forget her and quit wasting time over something like that.. thinking about it in your sleep for 6 years solves nothing.[/QUOTE]It's a curious thing. How can I explain it? After so long, things have reached the stage where... no. The only way to say it is that I've been the one quietly watching and waiting for so long, I almost feel comfortable with the role. Perhaps I like to believe there is nobility in what I am doing, even though under the weight of argument that just doesn't make sense. I have reconciled it with myself. But... well, you can't NOT dream.

As for her boyfriend... even more complicated. I speak to him in a friendly manne and make an effort to be nice, but I think perhaps I'm just curious; I want to know him purely because understanding him would allow me to understand the pair of them better...? I certainly don't wish him harm - if he and she are happy, then that's all there is to it. But, well, I can live with being just her friend, but he treated her badly, I would feel as if he had betrayed the trust I have given him... and I would feel angry.

Mostly because she had been hurt, of course. But also because him hurting her would take away my percieved notions of the virtue of my staying silent - as well as render me staying silent pointless.

As I said, curious.
Old 09-05-2002, 01:24 AM   #58
Lifetime
Red Dragon

A bit of a vouyer are we Tancred? Hahah just kidding mate, truly, perhaps it might be time to close the familiar chapter and leave a bookmark. Time to move on into new grounds, from the sounds of it. You seem to be getting comfortable being the invisible third party, and perhaps if you dont do anything about it, whether advancing or retreating, you might find that they couple you're observing might not appreciate the attention.
Do you truly wish to be the guy in the background whose presence is never even felt? Go in there and make a splash mate! Well if you dont want to interrupt their relationship, then thats wonderful! But dont keep longing after the girl in that case, just leave them be, or it could be felt that you're the one "betraying" the trust because you're talking civily to them both and yet "covet your neighbour's wife" in your heart.
Just some things to think about you know? Really do wish you the best of luck, but perhaps getting a girl you can actually have a chance with would better suit you. Unless of course, you actually DO get off on being the invisible man.. [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img]