Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-24-2001, 03:27 AM   #1
Cerek the Barbaric
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

As many of you probably know, R.A. Salvatore is working on the novelization of Star Wars - Episode II. In an interview concerning the project, Salvatore said he had a couple of reasons for accepting the challenge.

First - He is a big Star Wars fan. So when George Lucas calls to make an offer for you to write a book in the series, that's very hard to turn down.

[b]Second{/b} (and more exciting) - Salvatore said that he hoped Lucas and Spielberg would be impressed enough with his Star Wars effort to examine some of his other writings....like the Icewind Dale trilogy!!!!

I am looking forward to the Lord of the Rings movie as much as anyone....but to see Drizzt and Artemis fight each other on the Silver Screen would be JUST as exciting (IMHO).
Old 11-24-2001, 07:19 AM   #2
TheDutkanator

ABSOLUTELY!!!!
I hope they make an entire movie out of each book instead of cramming the whole trilogy into one movie. There could be like 13 movies or so!!
Would you prefer to see the actors as real people with some added computer SFX (like the D&D movie) or would you prefer it made like, say, Shrek?

I'd have to say like the D&D movie IF they could make it as cool as we've all imagined it while reading the books. There'd definately have to be more SFX in it than he D&D movie.

I suppose they could makeit like that (after seeing the latest trailer for the new Harry Potter movie).

BTW, I have a new baby due today or tomorrow. He will be named *drum roll*....... ZAKNAFEIN!!
Zaknafein Blake Dutka
Wish me luck! (And Salvatore's books becoming movies too!!!!!!)

Nicolai Dutka
Game Developer
Archon Games (My Company)
My Website
My YouTube Channel
Old 11-24-2001, 07:24 AM   #3
Barb
Symbol of Cyric

that would be pretty cool. It should be done with real actors.
Old 11-24-2001, 09:25 AM   #4
Sir Byronas
Mephistopheles

That's really cool! But I wonder if they could make Drizzt's fights so impressive...
Old 11-24-2001, 11:46 AM   #5
Cerek the Barbaric
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I would definitely want to see real actors. Drizzt and friends should actually be MUCH easier than LOTR. Tolkien was extremely detailed in his descriptions and area settings. Salvatore focuses more on character development and action.

I think the actor that played Darth Maul (and the Toad in the X-Men movie) would be perfect for Drizzt. He's about the right size and a martial arts expert - so the fighting choreography shouldn't be too difficult.

I also agree that each book ought to be its own movie. I'll wager that if LOTR does well with this concept(3 movies released 1 year apart), then the possibilities for Salvatore's stories hitting the theaters will be much more likely.
Old 11-24-2001, 12:57 PM   #6
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

That would be so cool, i wonder who they would ask to play Drizzt?
Old 11-24-2001, 05:26 PM   #7
Dramnek_Ulk

It would be better done on computer, as that would allow much more flexability and it would probably look better. Computers IMHO are perfect for fantasy movies.