Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-10-2001, 09:22 PM   #1
Volourn
Manshoon

The dust mephit familiar is awesome! The following are the reasons why: he is immune to fire, quite a few special attacks, limited mr, gives me 12 extra hp, good spells ( blindness for example), quick moving, and super-fast regeneration. He's so awesome. BTW Mine is named is Sandy, and we have just escaped the first dungeon. My character is a half-elf f/m/t whose name is The Lone Wolf. ONLY I, and Sandy ( what a funny name!) know my real name! This familiar is JUST awesome!!!!!
Old 06-10-2001, 10:14 PM   #2
sunder
Zhentarim Guard

Any familiar is great, but you have to be careful not to let them die or you lose CON permently. Most of us mages just create them and keep them safe in our backpacks. There shouldn't be any fight where your familiar should make a difference in my eyes. Keep them safe and secure.
Yep, they are cool
Old 06-10-2001, 10:45 PM   #3
Ratweed
Manshoon

How do you name your familar i alwats wondered that
Old 06-10-2001, 10:53 PM   #4
Volourn
Manshoon

I just gave him a name in my imagination(as well as using the journal).

BTW:When soloing in the first dungeon, the familiar is a great fighting companion. My dust memphit can beat up his fellows quite easily. He even took on five of them for like 5 rounds before being forced to retreat. On top of this like I said he regenerates. That's cool, and is a secret ability that is not disclosed in the spell description. He EVEN went toe to toe with the ......

.................SPOILER...................

demon in this same dungeon for a while so I could cast spells at the beast.

WOOHOO!

------------------
"That didn't hurt!" - Volourn Honourblade after the red dragon breathed on him for 75% of his hp.
Old 06-11-2001, 02:31 AM   #5
sunder
Zhentarim Guard

Sure, at the earlier levels the familiar is a great companion. Not only do you get a HP boost, but against lesser creatures I would feel safe with him, especially in the first dungeon.
But later in the game, when you are taking on hard things, You might want to keep old familiar safe. Getting in a fight with goblins or the little things in the first dungeon is alot different than getting into a fight with vampires, beholders, mind flayers, etc.
Alot of times your familiar with die with just one hit. SO be careful. Hes there as a companion, not a armored knight to fight at your side. You lose him, you lose alot.
Old 06-29-2001, 12:29 PM   #6
Aurum
Manshoon

Beutiful, How?

------------------
When The world of the deads comes,
we will already be there.
Old 06-29-2001, 12:36 PM   #7
Waluin

Cool thing about being a Blade, is that I can be a fighter-type and still have my own familiar