Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-07-2003, 12:36 PM   #1
Chewbacca
Zartan

Comedy Central aired the Southpark movie unedited in all its freaking glory last night as well as on July 4th. For anyone who hasn't seen the movie it contains more cuss words that are usually banned from regular broadcast/cable T.V. than possibly every George Carlin stand-up routine combined. Of course most of this profanity comes from the mouths of the four third grade stars of the show. Saddam Hussein is portrayed as Satan's domineering gay lover and America goes to war against Canada because of Canadian foul-mouthed fart jokes. Its a classic!

How the freak did they get away with this? Bah, who cares, it was sweet!!! Too hear the "F" word like 150 times on mere basic cable was music to my ears. I am also a huge fan of Southpark and a huge fan of profanity, so I may be biased! [img]smile.gif[/img]

I only hope this opens the door for more unedited movies on TV after hours. As comic as some of the overdubbing may be, (See Lethal Weapon or Diehard on cable for classic examples) I would prefer to hear all the glorious profanity as the writers and directors of the movies intended.

All that is left to broadcast now is the nudity, when that happens the final shackles of Puritanism will fall from our televisions after midnight.

Opinions anyone?

[ 07-07-2003, 01:57 PM: Message edited by: Chewbacca ]
Old 07-07-2003, 01:08 PM   #2
Rokenn
Galvatron

It amazes me how the whole point of the South Park movie is lost on so many people. I watched it a few months back with my Dad and he said he did not like it due to all the foul language. We then had a long conversation about how that was the whole point of the movie. How it is quite alright to have a pg-13 movie with hundreds, thousands, or even millions of deaths. But say a few naughty words, or flash a boobie, and get an R rating.

Personally the SP movie is one of my favs, esp the sub-plot about Kyle trying to find out how to make Wendy like him again [img]graemlins/laugh2.gif[/img]

[ 07-07-2003, 01:09 PM: Message edited by: Rokenn ]
Old 07-07-2003, 05:48 PM   #3
khazadman
User suspended until [Feb13]

And Terrence and Phillips' rendition of what I'll call the Uncle Song (mostly because I don't want to get in trouble over the title) is quite possibly the greatest song of all time.
khazadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2003, 05:58 PM   #4
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
I'm the proud owner of a copy of that movie for some time now, just as the first three Southpark seasons on Videotape. I don't mind the cussing either. Seeing it coming from the mouth of a couple of 8 year old animated kids, just makes me laugh harder.
Old 07-07-2003, 06:04 PM   #5
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by khazadman:
And Terrence and Phillips' rendition of what I'll call the Uncle Song (mostly because I don't want to get in trouble over the title) is quite possibly the greatest song of all time.
Well, it could, but just wait until you hear Cartman's song on Kyle's mom.
Old 07-07-2003, 06:35 PM   #6
Chewbacca
Zartan

Yes, I have had the "Uncle" song in my head all day!!! We were just singing it!!!
That whole soundtrack is a riot and a half!!!!

Although I too own the video, I got a kick out of seeing it on basic cable, it is a landmark up there with the infamous "S" word episode from season 6 iirc.

@ Rokken, it is suprising the point of the movie is so frequently missed since it is basicly spelled out at the end. Most people who didn't like the language probably stopped watching well before that point though. Boy, they don't know what they missed

The irony of Saddam being defeated by Cartman's foul mouth at the end brings me great joy. Oh and the search for the clitoris... [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2003, 10:59 AM   #7
MagiK

But what would Brian Boitanno do?
Old 07-08-2003, 11:01 AM   #8
MagiK

I have been a long time "More Boobies less death" proponent for public TV for years [img]smile.gif[/img]

And I love South Park [img]smile.gif[/img] I especially liked the episode where the boys kept opting out of the issue while Christopher Reeves went on a Stem Cell rampage ;D