Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-21-2003, 06:37 PM   #11
Lavindathar
Harper

To be honest, I know what you feel.

I was into Pokemon when I was 17, but used my younger brother as an excuse. It is geeky. Sorry, but it is. I kept it secret. And about not bothering what other people think is bull, I like my popular status, and I'd like to keep it. But I'm a geek on the inside and thats the way it will stay. But that is just my opinion.......it shouldnt matter what others think BUT IT DOES.

When I see 30/40 year olds playing Warhammer, I think what a loser. But I know I'll be like that one day probably, so imagine what the rest of the world thinks.

Just my opinion.
Old 11-21-2003, 07:06 PM   #12
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Zelda Champion Snake Champion
The important thing as you age physically, is to strike a careful balance. You need to remain grown up enough to keep and be successful with your career, but retain enough childishness that your life doesn't become a drab shadow of it's former youthful existence.

"We are never to judge a philosophy by its abuse." - Augustine

"If you're wondering if God has a sense of humor, consider the platypus."

http://www.greaterthings.cbglades.com
Old 11-21-2003, 07:09 PM   #13
mistral4543
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I'm in the wrong end of my 20s and I still like to voice-act with my soft toys (to the great horror of my peers)... need I say more? Suffice to say, you are not alone.
Old 11-21-2003, 07:22 PM   #14
Lavindathar
Harper

Quote:
Originally posted by mistral4543:
I'm in the wrong end of my 20s and I still like to voice-act with my soft toys (to the great horror of my peers)... need I say more? Suffice to say, you are not alone.

Oh I still do that lol.

But thats between me and my lass!
Old 11-21-2003, 07:25 PM   #15
Jorath Calar
Harper

I know how you feel, I started colllecting Lord of The Rings Miniatures from Games Workshop last year, I'm 27... I really like painting them (just wish I had more time to do so), but everyone who I know look at me like I'm a maniac when they see me painting...
thankfully I have a brother who is 11 and he and his friends use them in a battlegame, I sometimes play but it's not as much fun as painting.. [img]smile.gif[/img]

I feel you never grow to old to do things that bring you joy. Why should growing up mean stop enjoying life?
Old 11-21-2003, 10:41 PM   #16
Daniel
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Ithiopathanologist:
I'm the kinda guy thats interested in lots of things like Yugioh, beyblades,Ninja Turtles. But I sorta feel embarrased because I'm 17 and to see all these little kiddies swapping cards and playing I feel obscure. Does anyone out there feel like me. PLease let me know to know I'm not alone.
lol I'm 21 and I still love Turtles (never heard of the other two so I cant comment). Some of these childhood loves just never die ,its nothing to worry about. My Dads 40 and he never misses an episode of ThunderBirds or Captain Scarlet, and friend of mine the same age as me recently bought every episode of transformers on Ebay. I think everybody have a few child hood loves they don't grow out of, It's just natural.
Old 11-21-2003, 10:47 PM   #17
Daniel
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Jorath Calar:
I know how you feel, I started colllecting Lord of The Rings Miniatures from Games Workshop last year, I'm 27... I really like painting them (just wish I had more time to do so), but everyone who I know look at me like I'm a maniac when they see me painting...
thankfully I have a brother who is 11 and he and his friends use them in a battlegame, I sometimes play but it's not as much fun as painting.. [img]smile.gif[/img]

I feel you never grow to old to do things that bring you joy. Why should growing up mean stop enjoying life?
Do you collect any other games workshop products? I too do a lot of painting, mainly warhammer its a big love of mine. I don't really play the games though non of my friends like the game.
Old 11-22-2003, 12:19 AM   #18
Jorath Calar
Harper

No not really, just their paints... (technically their product... [img]smile.gif[/img] ), I never really liked Warhammer much, but I love Tolkien and the figures are very neat... [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-22-2003, 05:49 AM   #19
Ithiopathanologist
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by Lavindathar:
To be honest, I know what you feel.

I was into Pokemon when I was 17, but used my younger brother as an excuse. It is geeky. Sorry, but it is. I kept it secret. And about not bothering what other people think is bull, I like my popular status, and I'd like to keep it. But I'm a geek on the inside and thats the way it will stay. But that is just my opinion.......it shouldnt matter what others think BUT IT DOES.

When I see 30/40 year olds playing Warhammer, I think what a loser. But I know I'll be like that one day probably, so imagine what the rest of the world thinks.

Just my opinion.
First of all I am so happy that all of you are willing to express yourselves honestly.

Secondly Lavindathar I used the same method you did with my brother too. Hehe.
Buying beyblades especially!! Yeah I'm really interested all those sorta anime/manga stuff from Japan its all so good.

I guess if we rid ourselves too much of our youth we will lose the meaning of fun.

Thankyou All