Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-20-2003, 11:58 AM   #41
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

Quote:
Originally posted by /)eathKiller:
I have an official statment:

I tracked the guy down on MSN and asked him why he was assaulting Ironworks...

At first I thought he was playing dumb, but now this has elevated...

In a statment by this guy to the people of ironworks:

"I would like to appologize for the actions of my friend, who used my e-mail adress to sign up with Ironworks... He likes to play forgotten realms games on there... I don't like forums myself... His actions do not reflect my own... please stop sending me e-mails and threatening MSN messages..."

He's now changing his e-mail account to something else and is hoping the onslaught his friend started stops, but there's just one problem now...

If it was his FRIEND using his e-mail account... Then that means the person wholikesgames might be an active member at ironworks, or someone who was previously banned. . .

>_> I'm not trying to start conspiracy theories i'm just supplying the information I've gained...

Toodles!
Very interesting info might I say. But how is it possible that his "friend" used his E-mail. Or his "friend" is a Hacker,or his "friend" just lives with manhwolikes games or maybe manhwolikesgames is just lieing.
Old 06-20-2003, 11:59 AM   #42
Mouse
Ironworks Moderator

If you feel that you have information that relates to this troll and can straighten out any misunderstandings, why not send it to Ziric via e-mail? I'm sure he'll treat it as confidential.

Just a thought

Mouse
(Occasional crooner and all round friendly Scottish rodent)
Old 06-20-2003, 12:06 PM   #43
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

Quote:
Originally posted by Mouse:
If you feel that you have information that relates to this troll and can straighten out any misunderstandings, why not send it to Ziric via e-mail? I'm sure he'll treat it as confidential.

Just a thought
Yes but i think that Choc doesn`t go twice on ice.
Old 06-20-2003, 12:30 PM   #44
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

As best I know, all incarnations of the troll were eliminated (IP addresses are quite useful little things ).

Now, if DK's information is correct and the troll's friend is changing his email account, that should end the problem unless the friend wishes to be a member here, in which case he'll need to email Ziroc himself, I suspect.
Old 06-20-2003, 12:31 PM   #45
pritchke
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Quote:
Originally posted by Xen:
Very interesting info might I say. But how is it possible that his "friend" used his E-mail. Or his "friend" is a Hacker,or his "friend" just lives with manhwolikes games or maybe manhwolikesgames is just lieing. [/QB]
All he would need is the username and password, which could be obtained if his friend gave it to him or just by using his friends computer. MSN hotmail uses cookies so the password and username would be stored on his friends machine if he decided to use the cookies. I believe ironworks uses cookies has well.
Old 06-20-2003, 01:00 PM   #46
Cerek the Barbaric
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:
As best I know, all incarnations of the troll were eliminated (IP addresses are quite useful little things ).

Now, if DK's information is correct and the troll's friend is changing his email account, that should end the problem unless the friend wishes to be a member here, in which case he'll need to email Ziroc himself, I suspect.
That may be true, Cloudy, but I think I understand what /)eathkiller is saying here.

IIRC, a person needs a valid email address AND the corresponding password to that address to "sign up" as a member. Now I know the email address of several friends..so I could easily use their address rather than my own...but I do NOT know their password, so the registration attempt would never go through.

The only way this guy could have his friends email address AND the correct password is if he were actually using his friends machine (since the info would be stored in the PC's "cookie jar") or is a good hacker.

If that is the case, all that has been accomplished is blocking the friend, who supposedly isn't interested in Ironworks anyway. Meanwhile, the troll's own machine could be "free and clear" to access IW and the concern expressed by /)K is that the friend indicated the troll was already a member here.

So it may be possible he is still "lurking" around. I realize Ziroc and Choc are very thorough in eliminating trolls. They are far more knowledgeable than I when it comes to such matters. I'm just saying that there may be a legitimate concern that the troll hasn't been eliminated yet.
Old 06-20-2003, 01:05 PM   #47
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

*shrugs* y'all know what this means right? We'll have to take out his friend as well, just to be on the safe side...
Lets find our-self some Troll-seeking missiles and deploy the Choc [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]
Old 06-20-2003, 01:09 PM   #48
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Well, since ALL trolls are dealt with the same way, it really isn't an issue, Cerek. If he pops up again, the Choc and Z troll tossing festival just starts up again. [img]smile.gif[/img] And since the friend isn't interested in being a member, he isn't losing anything if it was in fact his pc the troll used.

Besides, if memory serves me correctly, it was a hotmail addy and one can access hotmail from any pc with internet connection so the troll may have got that email/pw from his buddy on any number of machines, including his own for all we know. So we'll just whomp 'em as they come, I guess.

[ 06-20-2003, 01:10 PM: Message edited by: Cloudbringer ]
Old 06-20-2003, 01:09 PM   #49
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

actually acoording to him his freind just used his computer which had his pass saved in windows temporary files and thats how he got into his e-mail, + all he needed was his adress really, and if hew as his friend then that was easy for him to obtain. The part that manwholikesgames wasn't able to determine was why his freind held a grudge against Ironworks, for all he knew this was a place for fun. He said he wanted to appologize for his friend's comments, and though usually mistaken identiy things seem like hoaxes I think this is a case where his freind really ripped off his e-mail, unfortunetly I have no idea who the freind is, next time I see him onilne i'll ask him for his freind's e-mail adress and if he knows this guy's Ironworks login name, if I get anything "criminalizing" i'll PM or e-mail it to a mod. K?
Old 06-20-2003, 01:12 PM   #50
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Sounds good, DK. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Only time this would be an issue is if the 'innocent' party want's to join/keep a membership here and if that were so, I'd recommend he email Z with an explanation and request.