Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-23-2003, 12:54 PM   #1
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

System Requirements

Required Recommended

Processor: Pentium® III 800 MHz** Pentium® 4 1.3 GHz**
Operating System: Windows® 98/ME/2000/XP

RAM
(Windows 98/ME/2000) 128 MB** 256 MB**
RAM
(Windows XP) 256 MB** 512 MB**
Hard Disk Installation: 1.5 GB***
CD ROM or CD/DVD ROM Drive: 8X
DirectX® DirectX® version: 8.1b or higher
Video Card 32 MB video card with Hardware T&L support* ** 64 MB video card with Hardware T&L support* **
Sound Card DirectX® certified sound card*
Multiplayer Local area network with TCP/IP protocol
Multiplayer via Modem 56Kbps (2 players max) broadband

* Indicates device should be compatible with DirectX® version 8.1b or higher.
** This requirement has changed from that of Neverwinter Nights.
*** A full installation of Neverwinter Nights (2.0 GB) is required.

I know people were looking for this so I just pasted it from the Bio site since I only saw it today. I'm worried about this video card...exactly what is T&L support? And will I be able to play it on my second system using an old Geforce 2 mx? Tell me my regular Geforce 4 ti will be fine!

[ 11-23-2003, 12:55 PM: Message edited by: SpiritWarrior ]
Old 11-23-2003, 01:30 PM   #2
philip
Galvatron

I asked the same questions in this thread
philip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2003, 05:24 PM   #3
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Sorry if I sound slow here but the Geforce2 mx on my other system won't run it then? He never actually said it wouldn't but just recommended other cards as far I can see. You said yourself you don't know if your G4 has the support, have you found out if it does? And if so, does the G2? Thanks buddy!
Old 11-24-2003, 01:43 AM   #4
philip
Galvatron

I haven't found out anything. I went to a whole lot of online shops and watched all specs but couldn't found anything on T&L support. Now I've decide d to wait and see if HotU runs OK and if not I'll try to find another card. Problem with GForce 4TI for me is that I can find at least 3 models which are all different (ruled ne out because of connection') with prices ranging from $50-$300 so I don't know which to choose.
Old 11-24-2003, 06:13 AM   #5
andrewas
Harper

I can't see HotU suddenly requiring hardware T&L, that would be a qualitive change to the engine, which is rare in an expansion pack. In english, I would expect the geforce2 to work to some extent.

As for the G4ti, I use G4 Ti4200 and it hasn't let me down yet. The only card in that series that you really don't want is the G4MX, which is not a true member of the G4 line and is more intended for office applications that games.

The G4Ti line is not DX9 compatable, so if you intend to run the latest games
you might want to step up to the GeforceFX series, but for NWN this makes no difference. Alternately, the later ATI radeon cards are DX9 compatable, but have comptability problems with NWN.
Old 11-24-2003, 09:20 AM   #6
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

GF4 MX = GF 2.5
Dreamer128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2003, 02:25 PM   #7
philip
Galvatron

Quote:
Originally posted by andrewas:
I can't see HotU suddenly requiring hardware T&L, that would be a qualitive change to the engine, which is rare in an expansion pack.
It needs it now, though they I seem to remember Bioware saying that the game would run if SoU ran on the machine, but that added T&L support gets me doubting that.

Also in the reviews of the press release posted on the vault it seems graphics and stuff have gone up in quality.
Old 11-24-2003, 04:07 PM   #8
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Yeah but only slightly. They upped the pixel count and even from screens it looks the same to me if a bit crisper. Guess I'll just wait and see.
Old 11-24-2003, 04:09 PM   #9
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Oh my freaking heck, Andrewas,...Thank you so much for posting that the G4Ti line does not work with DX9! I would have been buying one in the next few months!

I will then get the FX series if nothing better is out there when I go to buy it. Thanks again!
Old 11-26-2003, 02:20 PM   #10
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Download and install Aida32. It's a free program that tell you everything about your computer. I use the "Personal System Information" one.

Then in Aida, go into DirectX/Video Direct X and it will give you the info on your graphic card. Scroll down to "Hardware Transform & Lighting" and see if it's supported on not.