Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-30-2003, 01:41 AM   #1
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
I'm supposed to place a Ceremonial sword in a chest to open a Never Tomb, in the docks and sewers area. Can anyone tell me where i can find such a sword ? I thought i checked the entire area, but obviously i missed something.
Old 11-30-2003, 02:52 AM   #2
Stratos
Vampire

This is in chapter 1, right?

If so then visit the the first of the tombs, the one in the Peninsula District. There's a chest inside which contains a journal and three items (a sword, a shield and an arrow) which you need to finish the quest.
Old 11-30-2003, 03:17 AM   #3
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Yeah, i figured that out by now, except... which chest ? I was already moving on in the game, thought i'd pick up the pieces later, and i guess this is the first one. I was busy in the sewers in another part of town, when i found out i need that sword to enter a tomb. So can you tell me in which room i can find that chest ?
Old 11-30-2003, 08:46 AM   #4
Stratos
Vampire

I hope you haven't left Neverwinter yet, since then it's too late to solve the quest. If you haven't...

When you first get the quest from Oleff Uskar at the temple, he tell you to go to see another guy, don't remember his name at the moment, in the Peninsula District. The building he's in is situated along the southern side of the P. Distr. It isn't market out on the map but there's a guard inside and it's close to the shop. Just head down to the basement and you'll see the guy there. In that room there's also a treasure chest which contains the items you need.

BTW, is the Docks District the first one you visited?
Old 11-30-2003, 09:11 AM   #5
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
No, i started out in Beggar's Nest, but i've been running in and out areas randomly, i haven't really followed the storyline i guess. Basically it's because the Devourer wouldn't spawn in the final showdown of the Peninsula district, and i started to ask for help on messageboards. I couldn't wait for replies though, so i just moved around a bit. In the Docks i'm stuck as well, i can't acces the area where Vengaul is standing with his guards. I've killed Callik, but i can't seem to get to the other side. And in the Blacklake district Formossa dissapeared on me after i gave her two items. I still have to give her some more, but i can't find her anymore.

I made quite a mess of it.
Old 11-30-2003, 09:40 AM   #6
Stratos
Vampire

Have you tried patching the game...

Minor spoilers!
The Devourer is inside the Head Gaoler and if you kill him it will jump into and possess the other guards hanging around. You can either kill them as well or talk to them and convince them to snap out of their drugged state. If they do they'll flee the room and when there's no one left for the Devourer to possess it will attack you.

There's a door somewhere in the room you fough Callik in that leads to the other side of the fence and to Vengaul.

What two items did you give Formosa? She only needs the key to the storerooms and on top of that, that's just a side quest. Have you visited Meldanen yet?

The only thing you absolutely need to do in chapter 1 is to find the four creaures that escaped the Academy to proceed the game. Everything else are just side quests. There's one item in each of the four Districts; Peninsula District, Beggar's Nest, Blacklake District and the Docks. There's none of the items in the Core District, it's just a junction to the other four.
AFAIK it doesn't matter in which order you the find the reagent items as long as you find them all.

A word of warning though: Once you've found all the items and delivered them to Aribeth she will teleport you to a new location from where you can't return to Neverwinter. So make sure you solved all the quests you want to solve, have enough equipment to go around and to take whatever henchman you want with you before you agree to proceed.

As for the original problem with the tombs, I believe the the guy in the tomb in Peninsula Distr. is a dwarf named Briley. Just so you know you've found the right location when you find it.

[ 11-30-2003, 09:49 AM: Message edited by: Stratos ]
Old 11-30-2003, 11:14 AM   #7
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
That door that leads to Vengaul is locked, and i don't have a key, and i can't open the lock either. I think it's locked from the other side.

I know where to find the Devourer, and that he's inside that guy, but he won't spawn after i killed him. The 4 guards whose bodies he can posses, are already gone, so he couldn't have gotten into one of them. He just won't appear. So the game denies me one of those vital items you need for a cure.
Old 11-30-2003, 03:15 PM   #8
Stratos
Vampire

What version of the game are you running? The latest one is 1.32 so if yours is lower you should patch the game as there are quite alot of bugs fixed.

The door is locked? Are you sure you mean the small metal door at one of the corners of the room and not the big gates as those don't open at all. The smaller door opens up to a corridor that leads to Vengaul.

As for the Devourer item you need, I suppose you can spawn it using the 'dm_spawnitem' command. But look around the room for the creature carefully first, it might be hiding somewhere.
Old 11-30-2003, 05:24 PM   #9
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
I got the patch, that should fix a problem or two. Probably even the "Devourer not spawning" issue. I've heard other people had the same problem.

Let's see how things work out. Thanks for the help so far.