Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-26-2003, 12:09 AM   #1
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

They annoy the crap out of me and lets face it, Bioware games have always had a ridiculous amount of logo advertising and namebranding before you actually get to your game. I multiplay so much and really they're a pain in the ass especially given NWN's tendency to crash often. I am by now well aware that Atari make the game, sick of seeing the Bioware logo and frankly bored of watching that guy wrestle with a minotaur..oh, and I hate having to hit space bar or the mouse about 50 times before I can play!

Well, for all you who are with me be irritated no more as I just stumbled upon a way to disable them (after like a year of frustration, I know!).

In your NWN.ini file under display options add the following line "Disable Intro Movies=1" without the quotes. Voila, straight to main menu .
Old 11-26-2003, 03:15 AM   #2
Jorath Calar
Harper

Dude!... just click the mouse and you skip it... not very hard... I think it's only 4 clicks... [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 11-26-2003, 03:16 AM: Message edited by: Jorath Calar ]
Jorath Calar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2003, 04:54 AM   #3
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Cool tip, but I just delete mine

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2003, 05:43 AM   #4
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Jorath Calar:
Dude!... just click the mouse and you skip it... not very hard... I think it's only 4 clicks... [img]smile.gif[/img]
OMG why didn't I think of that!? J.K! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

You will see I mentioned this above (you don't seriously think that for the last year I have been watching 4 intro movies each time I played NWN's do you?). My point is when you MP alot like many of us do, clicking 4 times every time you start up or restart the game gets annoying. This eliminates the need.

[ 11-26-2003, 05:48 AM: Message edited by: SpiritWarrior ]
Old 11-26-2003, 06:57 AM   #5
Stratos
Vampire

Just how many times do you normally restart the game? Starting it once is usually enough.
Old 11-26-2003, 08:13 AM   #6
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Quote:
Originally posted by Stratos:
Just how many times do you normally restart the game? Starting it once is usually enough.
Well, for people making mods, and playtesting the mod every few mins/hrs, then it REALLY gets annoying [img]smile.gif[/img] I just simply deleted the files, and that solved it.

I WISH there was a way to 'playtest' inside the game in the toolset--kinda like the thief II engine..

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2003, 10:19 AM   #7
philip
Galvatron

Quote:
Originally posted by Ziroc:
Well, for people making mods, and playtesting the mod every few mins/hrs, then it REALLY gets annoying [img]smile.gif[/img] I just simply deleted the files, and that solved it.

I WISH there was a way to 'playtest' inside the game in the toolset--kinda like the thief II engine..
That's really true Though you can ALT-TAB and change your module and then try again. Works fine for me since I found out you have to give it a few seconds of loading time but it's less than having to start it everytime
philip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2003, 01:08 PM   #8
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Ziroc:
quote:
Originally posted by Stratos:

[/QUOTE]Z said it. Even making characters is tedious. You are SO right about the playetest thing, I have been siggesting this to Bioware for ages - a dumbed down version of the game to simulate your scripts, constructs, creatures.
Old 11-27-2003, 07:37 PM   #9
Jedimaster
Dungeon Master

Just hit the Escape key to get past it. [img]smile.gif[/img]
I am a Trekker I like Simcity 2000, Star Trek,<br /> Star Wars, Science Fiction books, movies and TV shows.<br />My web address is [url]\"http://home.comcast.net/~m.nelson10\" target=\"_blank\">http://home.comcast.net/~m.nelson10</a> <br />My email address is m.nelson10 at comcast.net
Jedimaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2003, 12:18 AM   #10
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

I'm with you Spirit Warrior, and I just found it the other day too. Been doing the clickety click thing forever, and Z, I can relate. I just started back to seriously working on my world again, hence my absence, from just about everything except the aspirin bottle. I hate scripting. Back to the point, I didn't try it yet, not sure if it would work, thanks for the confirmation. Always better to let some one else test it.
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote