Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-05-2003, 08:15 PM   #1
Drake
Baaz Draconian

Sit down campers it's story time.

once upon a time(two nights ago) a friend sent me a link to a scary story. This one
http://www.castleofspirits.com/outpast.html
As I was reading the last bit I heard this voice in my ear. It made me jump out of my seat. At first I thought it might be something in the site meant to scare people. I asked my friend if it scared him. He told me there was no voice.

At about five in the morning I decide to try and get some sleep. And since I'm a little shaken from earlier I leave some candles burning while I try and sleep. As soon as I close my eyes I hear the sound of metal pieces hitting each other. Like keys and coins and such. I open my eyes to a candle lit room with nothing in sight. Being the lazy chicken I am I just continued trying to sleep instead of checking it out.

When I woke I looked about only to find that coins were spread around my room. I found that they are the coins that were in the pocket of my pants, since it is now empty. This is also the pocket where I keep my keys. But my keys are no where to be found. So I spend many hours going through my entire room looking for my keys with no luck. I searched everything I own. I moved every piece of furniture I own. I even searched my trash. My keys are simply gone.

My logic:
It couldn't have been thieves since nothing else was missing and I had some cash in plain too. Plus my room was still seald shut when I woke.
It couldnt have been me missplacing them since I had to unlock my door in ordor to enter my room. And I remember putting them back into my pocket as clearly as I remember typing the word typing that I just now typed. So they had to be in my room atleast.

I have just looked about my entire place again. I'm annoyed at doing this. So I figure I have three choices.
1. Call unsolve mysterys and hope they would take a look into something as stupid as missing keys.
2. Get angry, Break everything in my room and and give myself a heart attact from all the stress.
3. Make a thread in hopes of getting a laugh or two out of this. Or atleast reading an interresting theory.
Guess what I chose

Thats right ladys and gentleman step right up and have yourselves a go at it. Give us your Hows, whys and where abouts as to my missing keys. So there are no mistakes I'm asking for fiction as well as any real theorys. Please don't hold back any ideas. Any and all are welcome here.
Old 07-05-2003, 08:22 PM   #2
Chewbacca
Zartan

This sounds bad....Can you see dead people yet?

[ 07-05-2003, 08:22 PM: Message edited by: Chewbacca ]
Old 07-05-2003, 08:37 PM   #3
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

well, I can tell you where to find your keys but that would ruin it for you [img]tongue.gif[/img] .....but did you think about going to a school yard late a night?
Old 07-05-2003, 09:10 PM   #4
Drake
Baaz Draconian

Quote:
Originally posted by Stormymystic:
well, I can tell you where to find your keys but that would ruin it for you [img]tongue.gif[/img] .....but did you think about going to a school yard late a night?
Mind you when I was very younge me and a mate of mine went to our local school late at night. We walking near the back of the school where there was a playground. My mate suddenly stopped, looked out over the playground and had this amazed look on his face. I asked whats wrong and he told me he could see a big wheat field here. Some months later an old man who used to own the land that the school was on came and gave a history of the school. He told all of us about how it used to be a farm. And how there was a wheat field where the playground was.

Yeah I know that had nothing to do with anything. I just like to tell that story when I get the chance.
Old 07-05-2003, 09:12 PM   #5
Drake
Baaz Draconian

Quote:
Originally posted by Chewbacca:
This sounds bad....Can you see dead people yet?
Well not yet but the night is still younge. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-05-2003, 09:13 PM   #6
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

overhere, burning candles entice ghosts and spirits to come to your house. so it's forbidden to have candles in the house.
Old 07-05-2003, 09:33 PM   #7
Drake
Baaz Draconian

Quote:
Originally posted by Kakero:
overhere, burning candles entice ghosts and spirits to come to your house. so it's forbidden to have candles in the house.
No kidding? Well maybe that's where I made my misstake. But why would a spirit want my keys?
Old 07-05-2003, 10:53 PM   #8
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

well, there is the normal, finding something funny about hiding things from you, happens here all the time yes, I am serious on that one, we always have things come up missing on to be found weeks later in another room from where it should have been and where we had already looked 4 times, so just keep looking, they will turn up, or you could just offer the ghost something else in exchange for the keys back, sometimes this works
Old 07-05-2003, 11:07 PM   #9
Arledrian
Egyptian Goddess of the Dead

Drake, take Arledrian's 'Weirdest Thread of 2003 Award' and give it a prime place on your mantelpiece. You've earned it [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-05-2003, 11:21 PM   #10
mysticelt
Drow Warrior

D

Make yourself a set of new keys and if you find yourself suddenly constipated or can't go through the security at the airport without setting it off....well then you know what happened to them!