Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-14-2001, 08:38 AM   #1
Stiklestad
Dungeon Master

... now let's see what NWN will bring for us
anyone knows anything interesting about NWN?
Old 03-14-2001, 08:40 AM   #2
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by Stiklestad:
... now let's see what NWN will bring for us
anyone knows anything interesting about NWN?

NWN will bring us almost-infinite replayability, that is, you can always get tired of playing
Old 03-14-2001, 08:54 AM   #3
Stiklestad
Dungeon Master

I was once a suitable Ultima On-line player... and I heared about the NWN ToolSet, wich will permit us to make persistent worlds, like the shards... it will be perfect, because of the non-bugs (probably) and fixing-patches that would come... the only thing that worries me is that we should have a link or ADSL to play NWN online... it's graphics hard and lots of info..
Old 03-14-2001, 09:31 AM   #4
Strahd Von Zarovich
Drow Warrior

Ultima On-line!!! The consept was sound the application was a little harder. I had almost from day one those pk made it almost imposible for an honest player to chop his wood, to amke 500 shield so he could get a measly 2000 gold pieces so he could put a house and realised there's no more room!

Latter they made a pk shard and pirates island became the only pk'able land but they lowered cost of good so your 500 are now worth 1000 Gp removed all the houses. only to give back the right to own a home again wich refiled the game with field of houses
Old 03-14-2001, 12:02 PM   #5
Lord Shield

Up until now, my idead of perfect game is still Planescape Torment. I would love to see a sequel for this. However, Neverwinter Nights will give us a dungeon design toolkit, which I LIKE!!

Old 03-14-2001, 01:35 PM   #6
Strahd Von Zarovich
Drow Warrior

I liked Planescape, your actions determened your aliment and not your choice. Alot of people here take a Lawful Good caracter and kill everything in sight why because they want that nice + 2 sword, hammer etc that can only be used by good caracters.

But I am wishing for a Ravenloft game, One based on Van Richten's work. A low magical world where you have to choose your actions carfuly. Where knowing your ennemy is more important than the weaponds you own, where you are a tool for evil and don't even know it.

There is an elven Vampire in the forest, but no one knows it's an elven vampire all the villagers say there a pointy eared creature in the forest (a goblin? an elf?). There is not a single magic weapon to hit the creature, But you study the creature learn that his old sword is still in his coffin. Maybe the symblic presence of the sword could hit the creature...or maybe not.
Old 03-15-2001, 01:26 PM   #7
Stiklestad
Dungeon Master

I don't know this game...
Old 03-15-2001, 01:33 PM   #8
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by Strahd Von Zarovich:
I liked Planescape, your actions determened your aliment and not your choice. Alot of people here take a Lawful Good caracter and kill everything in sight why because they want that nice + 2 sword, hammer etc that can only be used by good caracters.

But I am wishing for a Ravenloft game, One based on Van Richten's work. A low magical world where you have to choose your actions carfuly. Where knowing your ennemy is more important than the weaponds you own, where you are a tool for evil and don't even know it.

There is an elven Vampire in the forest, but no one knows it's an elven vampire all the villagers say there a pointy eared creature in the forest (a goblin? an elf?). There is not a single magic weapon to hit the creature, But you study the creature learn that his old sword is still in his coffin. Maybe the symblic presence of the sword could hit the creature...or maybe not.

use a mirror like sword with shape of holy symbol and dye it with strong garlic imported from indonisia for seven days. now go hit him!!!