Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-18-2003, 08:52 AM   #1
Lavindathar
Harper

Did anyone just see his car set on fire while they were putting fuel in?

Imagine pumping 12litres/sec into a fire!!!!

Lucky escape me thinks there!
Old 05-18-2003, 08:55 AM   #2
WillowIX
Apophis

Who? What what? Who's Schumacher? Not your car I guess since it was on TV. Did anyone get hurt?
Old 05-18-2003, 08:59 AM   #3
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

Quote:
Originally posted by WillowIX:
Who? What what? Who's Schumacher? Not your car I guess since it was on TV. Did anyone get hurt?
Is that a joke Willow? Whaddaya mean "who's Schumacher"???? LOL

Damn Lavi, his car caught fire during pit-stop and they kept pumping fuel in? Daaaaamn. He is ok though right?
Love conquers all? Damn, I'd say that area's gray
Old 05-18-2003, 09:00 AM   #4
Lavindathar
Harper

As in Michael Schumacher, Forumula One Racing, you know, 800BHP cars that do 200mph+?

He came into the pit stop, and the attached the fuel rig and started pumping. Then all of a sudden it burst into flames.......And these cars carry a serious amount of petrol! The rigs pump 12litres/sec, and it caught fire. It was put out and no1 was hurt. It was just lucky!
Old 05-18-2003, 09:02 AM   #5
Lavindathar
Harper

Quote:
Originally posted by Vaskez:

Damn Lavi, his car caught fire during pit-stop and they kept pumping fuel in? Daaaaamn. He is ok though right?
Yeah, not sure how much he knew about it, cos it was just behind his head. He stayed in the car, his stop took 20secs, and he went back out as soon as the flames were put out! But, he didnt get hardly any fuel in............He went in first, and won't win the race now!

And thing is, on Barrichellos stop, they cocked it up as well as the fuel rig got stuck to the car!
Old 05-18-2003, 09:06 AM   #6
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

Hmmm he's got enough wins already anyway
Can't believe Willow hadn't heard of Schumacher... what DO they see on TV across the ocean??
Love conquers all? Damn, I'd say that area's gray
Old 05-18-2003, 09:11 AM   #7
WillowIX
Apophis

Quote:
Can't believe Willow hadn't heard of Schumacher... what DO they see on TV across the ocean??
Oh I'm sure it airs over here as well. We've got plenty of European channels as well on our satellite. But the key word is racing. [img]tongue.gif[/img] Booo-ring!
Old 05-18-2003, 09:16 AM   #8
wellard
Dracolisk

Was Daemon Hill any where around, with a cigg and a lighter?
Old 05-18-2003, 10:26 AM   #9
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by WillowIX:
quote:
Oh I'm sure it airs over here as well. We've got plenty of European channels as well on our satellite. But the key word is racing. [img]tongue.gif[/img] Booo-ring! [/QUOTE]Don't they have a racing circuit in canada anymore for the Formula 1 ? I recall they used to have one.

Oh... and racing boring ? Tell that to Ayrton Senna's familymembers, or Niki Lauda's plastic surgeon. People die during races you know. I wouldn't wanna call that boring.
Old 05-18-2003, 10:38 AM   #10
Charlie
Lord Ao

Well Schuey Snr did win it. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

I watched the race, the fire incident was very disturbing. It looked to me like static caught the fuel vapour alight, a frightening proposition when handling fuel etc in those circumstances. I'm sure both the FIA and Ferrari will look into it. It's a testament to just how tightly sealed the fuel delivery nozzle is when removed from the car. What we saw on the nozzle was residual, it would have been catastrophic had the fuel rig still been delivering fuel upon removal.

Testament too to just how cool Schumacher is under "fire". Rest assured he'd have been aware of the flames and then the extinguishers going off. What does he do....goes out and wins the Grand Prix.

Who says Formula 1 is boring?

Yes Johnny there is still a circuit in Montreal Canada. I don't think it's been pulled, hope not, that is one fantastic circuit.

[ 05-18-2003, 10:42 AM: Message edited by: Charlie ]
[img]\"http://img.ranchoweb.com/images/ladyzekke/england1.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br />One Love, Peace. [img]\"http://img.ranchoweb.com/images/ladyzekke/pissr.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> [img]\"http://img.ranchoweb.com/images/ladyzekke/piss.gif\" alt=\" - \" />