Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-18-2003, 10:42 AM   #31
Callum Kerr
Drizzt Do'Urden

Well to me... the gems look like upturned, green, bells...but hey! I wear glasses (well i don't... but i should...)
[img]\"http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0RwARAyMWqyivmPQQNWY0hVVRv3oUvlvq5uMcEd3!RZut55dm8 emNqpdvpE7IkB0Cpa1ykaC4MbaPQTDKfXyfz!1y5xDqyJez01d EkyCZjmc/Callum.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br />Puff the magic dragon!
Old 02-18-2003, 10:44 AM   #32
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Barry the Sprout:
I vote Elder Orbs as well, and it was cool that MagiK got that one first - it just seemed to fit soo well! No offence Ray, thats meant in a nice way you ole curmudgeon you... [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Lol. This is so true. Where is good ole Messrs. Muppets these days anyway?

I really like the Stoned Golem - I think it should be a regular avatar. Now, for those who will mention "but this is a *family* site" I'll say Ziroc should just put the applicable warning on the avatar regarding the dangers of drug use - including the incurable inability to find one's car keys.
Old 02-18-2003, 02:04 PM   #33
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Quote:
Originally posted by Timber Loftis:
I really like the Stoned Golem - I think it should be a regular avatar. Now, for those who will mention "but this is a *family* site" I'll say Ziroc should just put the applicable warning on the avatar regarding the dangers of drug use - including the incurable inability to find one's car keys.
LOL @ Timber. This is also a complication of alcohol abuse, as many of us who have been, um, over-served on occasion can testify.
Old 02-18-2003, 02:08 PM   #34
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

I'm with Jorath on the Elder Muppets, and Davros on the Stoned Golem.
Old 02-18-2003, 03:35 PM   #35
Irongrinder

hmm, I've never seen the stone golem before

Come to think of it, my avatar changed to the drow warrior, it looks pretty nice as well
Old 02-18-2003, 03:45 PM   #36
harleyquinn
Symbol of Cyric

I like the drow priestess, elder orbs and the unicorn. I don't like the avatars that are stars just because they're not as fun to look at. I'll be happy when I get rid of this Magister, simply because I find him ug-ly
Old 02-19-2003, 08:10 AM   #37
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Sever:
Quote:
Originally posted by Davros:
Disappointed - no votes for the Stone Golem ?
I've never seen the stone golem. Is that why the emoticon has such a smug expression?

I personally like the elder orbs the best. And the egyptian ones are cool too.
[/QUOTE]That's because there wasn't an avatar...and it was 600 posts long. It was a hellish rite of passage for everyone.

Old 02-19-2003, 08:19 AM   #38
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Grojlach:
Quote:
Originally posted by Callum Kerr:
The stone(d) golem was just a joke right... or did Ziroc just remove it?

ANd while I'm on the subject, why do some people who have been talked about as being banned get the banned smartass avatar, and some just get unregistered?
Some people were banned, others technically speaking asked for their accounts to be removed; hence the difference. Though I think the special avatar for banned members didn't exist until a few months ago; before that, Ziroc simply deleted their accounts.
[/QUOTE]Initially the Banned Troll avatar was given to everyone who got banned/deregistered, but then we realised that wasn't fair - some people didn't get banned after all, they asked for their accounts to be deregistered, while others violated rules and regs but did so without annoying other people and trolling. So the Banned Troll avatar is reserved for those who have actually engaged in trolling activity, the Account Removed by Request is for those who have decided that they are unable to abide by IW's ToS and decide to leave on their own terms, and the Unregistered tag is for people whose accounts have been deleted for various misdemeanors violating ToS (but didn't troll the forum and post rubbish around the forum).

We try and minimize the amount of these avatars around the place, but that's not always up to us - we need help from everyone to minimize these avatars by doing the right thing.

Though it sometimes surprises me when I see people posting and asking to be banned/unregistered, etc. What's the big deal? My philosophy is: if you don't like it here anymore, then stop posting. Why go to all the trouble to ask (usually publicly) for your account to be removed? Unless it's just to seek some attention... [img]graemlins/showoff.gif[/img]

Old 02-19-2003, 08:54 AM   #39
Mouse
Ironworks Moderator

If you really want to know the passions that could be stirred up by the "Stone Golem" rank, simply do a search in the Gen Con archive on the subject.

Here is one example [img]smile.gif[/img]

Mouse
(Occasional crooner and all round friendly Scottish rodent)
Old 02-19-2003, 09:24 AM   #40
harleyquinn
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Mouse:
If you really want to know the passions that could be stirred up by the "Stone Golem" rank, simply do a search in the Gen Con archive on the subject.

Here is one example [img]smile.gif[/img]
I didn't read all of it, but 12 pages, guess people were passionate [img]graemlins/wow.gif[/img]
I've never seen one of the banned avatars (NO! I don't want one). What's it look like? Just curious